Purpose of the Position:
Represent the bank in the Austin community and project a positive image for the bank as a stable, sound, profitable and expanding financial institution.
Independently manages and develops a loan portfolio comprised primarily of commercial real estate and
construction loans Administers the marketing, credit underwriting, negotiating, closing, and monitoring of
existing and new commercial real estate credits to maximize earnings for the bank. Responsible for
business development activities via Business Development by design. The accountability will be through a LOB and individual scorecard a to attract qualified commercial real estate banking clients.
Assist with the transformation efforts across the network ensuring messaging and action are aligned with the Broadway Bank, annual budget and its strategic message.
Represent the bank in the community, increase the overall awareness of Broadway Bank and project a positive image for the bank as a stable, sound, profitable, innovative and modern financial institution. Conscious of bringing top tier clientele with high margins and profit potential into the bank.
1. Follows all lending policies, procedures, and applicable laws to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the commercial real estate loan function.
2. Initiates and cultivates new commercial real estate loan relationships for the bank through active business development efforts including calls, visits and community involvement. Refers prospects to the appropriate BNB resources.
3. Analyzes, approves or refers commercial real estate loans by:
- Interviewing applicants to develop financial and credit information, define banking needs, assess management abilities, analyze financial strength and determine the risk associated with the request.
- Insuring the complete analysis of all financial, industry, and management information.
- Evaluating and structuring credit terms in accordance with lending policies.
- Preparing, presenting, and recommending loan requests to the appropriate loan committees for approval.
- Insuring proper loan documentation is prepared and reviewed.
4. Maintains existing client base by:
- Maintaining periodic contact with clients to determine any banking needs, financial trends, changes in the organization or industry, and general goodwill.
- Cross selling new and existing products and services to clients.
- Evaluating and structuring credit requests in accordance with lending policies.
- Examining and determining appropriate actions for overdrafts, past due payments, collateral and credit exceptions.
5. Participates actively in the bank's marketing programs, community involvement projects, and banking organizations.
6. Engages in the collection effort of problem loans to reduce the bank's loss.
7. Acts as relationship manager and responsible for:
- Establishing and/or maintaining primary contact relationships with targeted clients to maximize the lifetime value of these key relationships.
- Proactively providing a full range of financial/banking services to clients with the assistance of the appropriate partners throughout the organization.
- Building loyalty and driving profitable revenue growth by applying key customer relationship management principles including:
- Resolving immediate clients concerns and account issues;
- Actively managing a portfolio of targeted/high-value clients and/or segments of clients;
- Developing and executing targeted client retention and expansion activities (develop and secure new business from existing portfolio base);
- New client acquisition activities, ensuring a more effective identification and cultivation of potentially high-value relationships;
- Working to ensure that a coordinated and consistent message reaches targeted clients across all delivery/servicing channels.
- Demonstrating strong solution-oriented sales and communications skills and effectively establishing rapport and credibility with clients.
- Demonstrating leadership and team-building skills.
- Having a broad knowledge of financial services and products with a customer-centric vision.
8. Keeps current on local developments and major economic issues. Represents the Bank at various functions.
9. Participates in marketing effort of OREO (other real estate owned) properties; works with Special Assets group to determine appropriate sales price on OREO properties.
10. Registers and maintains registry as a Mortgage Loan Officer (MLO) with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) and Registry and in accordance with the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act (the S.A.F.E. Act).
11. Meets and maintains financial responsibility, character and general fitness standards along with all other established requirements for an individual Loan Originator in accordance with Regulation Z.
12. Leverages the appropriated donations and contributions for applicable community charities and organizations in order to reinforce the culture of community involvement, including CRA events and opportunities to meet the Bank's CRA goals.
13. Responsible for adherence to the annual budget, including coordinating with other LOB leaders.
14. Actively participates in Senior Loan Officer's and Director's Loan Committee, Executive Staff, Strategic Planning, and other committee or task force assignments as they develop.
15. Ensures soundness of bank's assets through oversight of the day-to-day activities and accountabilities.
16. Assumes additional responsibilities as directed.
Competencies and Skills:
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong technical, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Broad knowledge of financial services, operational procedures, and compliance
Work Experience Requirements:
- 10+ years of senior level bank management in loan, executive management, or administrative areas.
- Possesses a relationship banking philosophy versus a transaction philosophy.
- Preferred working experience in Commercial Banking, Retail, Private or Business Banking, or Wealth Management.
- Strong business development and relationship management skills, and the ability to teach others these skills.
- 4-year college degree from an accredited University w/ emphasis in Business, Finance and/or Accounting
- Preferred: Master's degree or professional designation in related field and/or advanced financial services related schooling
- Strong proficiency with technology
- This position is located in the Austin market.
This job description is not designed to be a comprehensive listingof duties, responsibilities, or activities that are required for thisjob. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time withor without notice.
Broadway Bank is proud to be an Equal Opportunityand Affirmative Action Employer. Broadway Bank is a drug-free and tobacco-freeworkplace, with a nicotine-free hiring policy. All qualified applicants will receiveconsideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity,religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.