Position: Business Banking Team Lead - Austin | Division:Business Banking
Work Days:Mon - Fri | WorkHours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Purpose of the Position:
Lead Business Bankers within your team to deliver the best bankingexperience resulting in lasting relationships.
Work closely with other LOB leaders to collectively drive businessdevelopment results throughout the bank.
Participates in transformation efforts across the network ensuringmessaging and action are aligned with Broadway Bank strategic initiatives and BusinessBanking line of business strategies.
Direct reports and team will engage in appropriate business developmenttactics and activities to grow new profitable relationships, deepen currentrelationships, and strengthen teamwork within Broadway Bank.
Represent the bank in the community, increase the overall awareness ofBroadway Bank and project a positive image for the bank as a stable, sound,profitable and expanding financial institution.
- Participates in the analysis, underwriting and approval of more complex and larger credit relationships.
- Promotes accountability with each Banker to ensure appropriate goals and objectives are set to accomplish the annual and strategic goals of Broadway Bank.
- Coaches direct reports to ensure continued development and opportunities for growth and achievement.
- Responsible for an environment focused on efficiency and continuous process improvement within the Business Banking Line of Business.
- Advocates for a strong business development culture for all lines of business (Sales and Service, Middle Market, Business Banking, Private Banking, Mortgage and Wealth Management) including participation in client and prospect calls.
- Leads and supports an environment of excellence in service for all internal and external client relationships. Maintain a straight talk philosophy throughout the organization.
- Conducts regular meetings with direct reports and participates in regularly scheduled LOB meetings.
- Makes recommendations regarding employment, performance ratings, salary changes, promotions, transfers and terminations.
- Promotes an environment of teamwork and partnership across lines of business and throughout the Bank.
- Follows local, state and federal legislation and regulatory issues and changes relating to banking.
- Leads Broadway Bank's continued growth. Seeks out active membership in the right, high profile, organizations and pursues public relations opportunities in order to create awareness and Brand recognition.
- Responsible for adherence to the annual budget, including coordinating with other Department and Division Managers.
- Actively participates in committee or task force assignments as they develop.
- Ensures soundness of bank's assets through oversight of the day-to-day activities and accountabilities.
Competencies and Skills:
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Cultural and Emotional Intelligence
- TeamEngagement/ Talent Management
Work Experience Requirements:
- 7+ years of Business Banking experience in personal and business lending and financial services sales.
- Possesses a relationship banking philosophy versus a transaction philosophy.
- Business development and relationship management skills, and the ability to teach others these skills.
- Managementresponsibility for high performing teams, at the division level or experiencemanaging multiple departments, preferably in a matrixed environment.
- Four-yearcollege degree from an accredited University w/ emphasis in Business, Finance and/orAccounting or related work experience.
- Strong proficiency with technology
- Register and maintain registry as a Mortgage Loan Officer (MLO) with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) and Registry and in accordance with the Secure and Fair enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act (the S.A.F.E. Act).
- Meetand maintain financial responsibility, character and general fitness standardsalong with all other established requirements for an individual Loan Originatorin accordance with Regulation Z.
- This position can be staffed from multiple Broadway locations.
- 50%or less travel within Broadway footprint.
This job description is notdesigned to be a comprehensive listing of duties, responsibilities, oractivities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities, andactivities may change at any time with or without notice.
BroadwayBank is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.Broadway Bank is a drug-free and tobacco-free workplace, with a nicotine-freehiring policy. All qualified applicantswill receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.