Position Purpose: To provide support to the Project Manager in the areas of safety, planning, scheduling, cost monitoring, cost reporting, customer reporting, performance tracking, budgeting, estimating, change orders, billing and bid development.
- Assist with the development of common systems and processes to provide for proper accounting, reporting of project costs, customer billing, scheduling, material procurement, subcontractors, record keeping, documentation and budgeting
- Assist with the development and tracking of key performance and financial metrics that will optimize performance, productivity and reduce costs
- Assist in the preparation of proposals and estimates, including drawing take-offs
- Work with Project Manager to set up job structure from beginning i.e. safety, scheduling, document control plan, cost codes, job cost spread, material/tooling plan, equipment, billing, etc.
- Assist in job hand off from estimating to field project supervision
- Work with purchasing on material orders and required submittals
- Travel to project(s) on a regular basis
- Provide weekly updates on project progress to the Project Manager
- Assist with the quotation of change orders from drawing changes, RFI's, etc.
- Work with the Project Manager to assist with the monthly financial bridge, job forecasts and write up monthly report
- Work with customer and field management on schedule development and assist in maintaining during course of project
- Ensure the project has adequate resources to maintain schedule, budget and exceed safety expectations
- Interact with customer on project with positive long-term relationship in mind
- Ensure billing is timely submitted along with payment follow through