Mechanics Bank is looking for their next Report Writer to join their team at either Irvine, Walnut Creek or Roseville, CA offic
The Report Writer works in conjunction with the Technology, Finance, Automotive and Operations teams to develop and support organization-wide data delivery. The Report Writer will have a vast knowledge of Fiserv and be able to use the system to support them with creating analytical reports. This position is responsible for end-to-end report development including interaction with end users to gather requirements, understanding report objectives, defining designing and developing reports and documentation using the available tools at hand and delivering reports to end users. The Report Writer is responsible for providing innovative solutions on big data by utilizing machine learning techniques.
What you will be doing:
- Develops data models and automates the extraction and transformation of that data
- Examines and evaluates purpose and content of business reports to develop new or improve existing format, use and control.
- Reviews reports to determine basic characteristics such as origin and report flow, format, frequency, distribution and purpose of report
- Defines and documents system scope, technical requirements and proposed logical view using structure design and analysis techniques
- Creates and maintains user documentation including system scope, technical requirements and proposed logical view using structure design and analysis techniques
- Initiates queries and report writing; presents findings in PowerBI and Fiserv.
- Assists end users with problem resolution, training, and functional support
- Leads the development of business and functional requirements for reports
- Designs, develops, tests and implements reports as necessary to fulfill business requirements
- Serves as a subject matter expert across the organization and assist users with reporting and analysis activities and tools, including ad hoc reporting
- Supports user training, testing, documentation, and roll-out of reports and end-user reporting tools
- Maintains effective working relationships with business departments
- Maintains knowledge of business processes and application design, and understand cross-functional business relationships and their use of information
- Prepares operational reporting on metrics for status reporting.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred; additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Minimum of 5 years of experience utilizing Fiserv Core Business Analytics is required.
- Expert knowledge in Automotive lending and/or Fiserv Core Business Analytics reporting within a bank organization.
- Strong background in data science, machine learning and visualization
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms including classification, clustering, regression, decision tree, random forests, neural networks and deep learning
- Understand business processes, data requirements, and data flows * Ability to recommend alternative solution choices and impact
- Good understanding of logical and physical models of data warehouse
- Critical thinking skills that include the ability to analyze end user requirements and translate into key data points to be used across the business
- Knowledge of full lifecycle database and report development; including gathering data requirements, producing data structures, achieving signoff for development, and moving forward with report development
- Ability to write, edit, and optimize SQL queries
- Specific knowledge of Fiserv BA tool and data elements or a strong knowledge of the data involved in Automotive lending
- Specific knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server as tools to produce data warehouse elements
- Mechanics Bank is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or other bases prohibited by applicable law.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCPhere.
- To learn more about Mechanics Bank's California privacy and security policies, including your right to a Notice At Collection as a California Resident, please visit