Minimum Clearance Required to Start:Secret
Research Scientist II
Naval Medical Research Unit - San Antonio
Parsons is seeking a Research Scientist II to provide support to the Naval Medical Research Unit - San Antonio and its collaborating institutions in the conduct of the following research areas: expeditionary and trauma medicine, cellular and immune based adjuncts for casualty care, directed energy and bioeffects in consonance with the mission of the Combat Casualty Care and Operational Medicine at NAMRU-SA.
- Provides support in writing protocol-driven research proposals, animal use protocols, human use protocols, technical reports, final reports, and peer-reviewed manuscripts.
- Evaluates data sets (provided by the Government and collected by the Contractor).
- Develops various presentation materials and presents findings at technical and professional meetings.
- Prepares experimental subjects, set up experimental equipment, and aid in training and development of experimental subjects for experimental procedures in accordance with approved animal or human use protocols.
- Provides support in development of establishment of in vivo and in vitro model systems, data acquisition, and data analysis.
- Oversees contract personnel associated with research projects; manages research data.
- Aids in the performance of surgical procedures on animal models for both survival and non-survival.
PhD in Microbiology, Biology, Molecular Biology or related filed plus two (2) years Post-Doctoral experience
Must be a US CitizenMust be able to obtain, maintain and/or currently possess a security clearance.
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT.