- Position: Staff Accountant
- Location: Muskogee, OK
STAFF ACCOUNTANT JOB DESCRIPTION
Summary & Purpose:
While projecting a professional image; knowledgeably perform accounting functions as required by the Bank. This position addresses a multitude of accounting activities, including general ledger management, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation, and day-to-day financial operations support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that customers are assisted promptly in person, by telephone, or electronically by meeting or exceeding Bank standards as identified in the SMILE program.
- Meet accuracy and correctness of work standards as required.
- Provide information or assist in preparation of information needed for internal and external customers to ensure timeliness.
- Analyze information and provide solutions by using and developing various spreadsheet reports.
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations both daily and monthly.
- Process monthly corporate card reconciliations.
- Prepare and process various general ledger entries.
- Provide or assist in providing reports related to internal controls.
- Assist or serve as backup for Accounts Payable.
- Reconciliation of Official Checks.
- Preparation of daily accounting entries.
- Lead or assist in special projects as assigned.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in finance or accounting, minimum 3.0 overall GPA required
- Prefer one to two years of banking, public accounting, or related financial industries experience with progressive job responsibility. Must have the knowledge, skills and ability to perform the essential requirements of the job. Excellent communication skills required.
- Possess and maintain a valid Oklahoma Driver's License.
- Long periods of standing or sitting, typing and repetitive motion
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs on occasion