The Client Associate is empowered to serve our clients and exceed their expectations through service delivery excellence. Client Associates are fully knowledgeable and skilled in the areas of teller, vault, safe deposit, and has basic knowledge of opening consumer, business and commercial deposit accounts, and accepting basic consumer credit applications to support the Advisors and Guides in providing solutions that support our client’s financial wellness goals. To support a culture of learning and development Client Associates are also expected to provide leadership, training and support to less experienced Service Associates.
Job Function Number 1: Client Service and Support - 70%
- Demonstrate the Alerus Financial mission, vision and values in providing superior client service.
- Demonstrate service delivery excellence by fielding client calls, supporting product transactions, answering questions and finding resolutions to service related issues.
- Provide quality, accurate and timely responses to inquiries from external and internal clients in person, over the telephone, or by mail.
- Acts with initiative to address client needs.
- Support client onboarding processes.
- Acknowledge and immediately address client complaints. Identify solutions to resolve issues and follow up to ensure client satisfaction.
- Effectively manage multiple client demands and provide maximum service to all clients.
- Maintain quality service standards and serve all clients financial needs.
- Follow up on all client alerts as assigned to them by Advisors.
- Assist with the client relationships, enhancing the client experience and supporting retention goals.
- Assist clients with the execution of the appropriate solutions to their financial needs.
- Understand the benefits of Alerus’ products and effectively differentiate Alerus from the competition.
- Develop understanding of financial wellness and the holistic approach to assisting clients with their financial goals.
- Update and utilize CRM platform to capture client activity and effectively onboard clients.
Job Function Number 2: Technical Knowledge - 20%
- Originate consumer and business deposit accounts such as checking, savings and certificates of deposit and assume responsibility for all documentation associated with the account opening process.
- Perform basic consumer lending functions. Answer questions and assist with the application process.
- Serve clients by accepting deposits and payments for loans and credit cards.
- Assist clients by issuing, redeeming, and settling all travelers’ checks, savings bonds, cashiers checks, check orders, etc.
- Effectively serve our clients by promptly responding to and resolving all balance inquiries, client questions, and problems in person or over the phone.
- Maintain a balanced teller cash drawer, adhering to cash limits and offage procedures.
- Prepare client and operations documentation such as researching requisitions, checks, etc.
- Adhere to the Safe Deposit Policies and Procedures; assisting clients with box account opening, viewing and closing (at applicable locations).
- Manage safe deposit process (inventory, compliance, rotation)
- Manage client debit card instant issue and PIN changes (at applicable locations).
- Field debit card and fraud notifications
- Support and adhere to policies and procedures around security, client ID, cash handling, cashed check, and opening and closing procedures.
- Understand and apply regulatory and compliance training.
- Report suspicious transactions, activities, and situations to appropriate personnel.
- Assist clients in completing credit applications.
- Effectively serve our clients by promptly responding to and resolving balance inquiries, client questions, and problems.
- Prepare client and operations documentation such as researching requisitions, checks.
- Possess knowledge of competitive products, practices, and facilities in order to effectively sell Alerus Financial products and services.
- Develop and maintain basic knowledge of the following: retail deposit products, personal account ownership, & consumer credit products and services.
- In the absence of a Lead Service Associate, assist with monthly, quarterly and annual audits of cash tills, prepaid and instant issue cards, and security alarms to ensure regulatory and policy/procedure compliance.
Job Function Number 3: Administrative Support. Based on office activity and staffing levels, these functions may or may not apply to the position, the % of time will fluctuate.
- Maintain supplies in and appearance of productivity centers in the area.
- Collect, sort and route incoming and outgoing mail for area.
- Maintain beverage supplies and appearance of coffee area.
- Direct phone calls to appropriate areas.
- Assist with ordering food and providing beverages for client or employee meetings as requested.
- Provide assistance on special projects for areas as requested.
- Assist with preparation of mailings, stuffers, and other projects as requested.
- Provide general office support such as faxing, proofing, document creation, etc. adhering to defined standards and procedures.
- Assist with uploading documents to nautilus and forwarding documents to operations
Job Function Number 4: Personal Growth and Development - 10%
- Develop and maintain economic and market awareness.
- Develop knowledge on and understand business and banking industry practices.
- Represent Alerus Financial in community activities.
- Assume responsibility for career growth and development. Actively pursue continuing education, reading, and self-development to enhance skills.
- Be flexible and adaptive when faced with changing needs of the client and the bank.
- Build solid working relationships with team members, acting as a resource for others whenever possible.
- Recognize stressful nature of work and maintain professional and positive composure, attitude, and behavior at all events.
- Post high school education required.
- One year of experience in the financial services industry preferred.
- Dedication to service excellence with two plus years of demonstrated client service or cash handling experience required.
- Math proficiency and aptitude.
- Dedicated and satisfactory attendance/punctuality.
- Proven track record of work stability.
- Positive and passionate about taking care of clients.
- Professional appearance and attitude.
- Demonstrated social and interpersonal skills.
- Problem solving ability.
- Ability to stay calm in difficult situations.
- Patient and helpful with others.
- Team player, willingness to help others.
Physical Demands: (must be met with or without a reasonable accommodation)
- Extended periods of time standing and using office equipment.
- Ability to operate a personal computer/laptop for approximately 8 hours per day.
- Extended time is spent reviewing physical and electronic documents.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Periodically, may also do light lifting of supplies and materials which weighs in at approximately 50 lbs.
- Will spend most of time in an indoor environment.
Alerus Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.