Arizona Bank & Trust is a growing dynamic organization with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"As a direct report of the Chief Risk Officer, the Director of Enterprise Risk Management is responsible for developing and operating an effective enterprise risk management function for the company. This position will have solid-line supervision of second line of defense risk management staff, and solid or dotted-line oversight of risk personnel assigned to or embedded in first line of defense units. The Director of Enterprise Risk Management will maintain a collaborative relationship with other major risk program areas and their leaders, such as Compliance, BSA/Fraud, Loan Review, Information Security, and Business continuity/resiliency.
- Establishes and executes on vision and strategic objectives for the enterprise risk function in conjunction with the Chief Risk Officer, to assure that our programs stage of maturity remains commensurate with the growing needs of the company.
- In conjunction with the Chief Risk Officer, builds and maintains an appropriate ERM framework, including taxonomies, hierarchies, risk assessment and control analysis formats and templates, and reporting methodologies.
- Administers and maintains the Risk Appetite Framework and accompanying risk appetite measures (key risk indicators), including development of reporting to monitor trends. Assists the CRO in continuously re-evaluating the appropriateness of the Framework and measures relative to evolving internal and external conditions.
- Develops and executes on processes for effectively performing a quarterly assessment of the company's key risks including gathering and aggregating quantitative data (key risk indicators) and qualitative factors from various business units to gauge evolving trends, review, effectively challenge and present a holistic view of risk for the company.
- Manages business line risk manager roles to perform "effective risk integration" within the lines of business, regions and banks across the Heartland footprint.This entails build out and implementation of the Risk and Control Self-Assessment Program, which includes a documented framework, reporting template and development of a plan to drive risk identification, control assessment, risk response and monitoring.
- Manages a comprehensive Third Party Risk Management Policy and Program designed to meet regulatory expectations and manage third party risk for the company. This includes initial vendor on-boarding, risk assessment, periodic review process, comprehensive inventory and cross-collaboration with other subject matter experts and stakeholders (e.g., Information Security, Compliance). Creates necessary reporting and a watch list to demonstrate that the Third Party Risk program is effective and meeting expectations appropriate for the size, complexity and risk profile of the company.
- Implements comprehensive Model Risk Management Policy and Framework designed to manage model risk for the company. This includes following the model life cycle from development to retirement, maintenance of a model inventory, model risk assessment, validation activities and review processes as well as reporting and monitoring on model risk.
- Implements New Business Activity program including formal risk assessment and vetting of new, expanded or modified products and services and on-going monitoring.
- Supports CRO by gathering meeting materials including risk management reporting and dashboards for the Executive Risk Management Committee and the Board Risk Committee meetings.
- Prepares for all risk related internal audits and examinations including complying with request letter items, responding to identified risk issues and taking corrective actions as necessary to address deficiencies.
- Oversees corporate policies administration including inventory management, coordination of approval activities with policy owners and corporate secretary.
- Provides risk consultation to business line and senior management and prepares reports as directed by the CRO for the Board of Directors.
- Completes annual E-Learning Plan including mandatory compliance trainings as assigned at a corporate level.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Works with department staff on individual professional development and career development opportunities. Facilitates team members in creating individual goals and development plans that align with the department goals.
- Works with Heartland Financials' Talent Acquisition team to identify and hire the most qualified and talented individuals to fill open positions.
- Provides information and on-going feedback to department staff regarding expectations and performance, salary adjustments and/or promotions.
- Addresses and resolves all performance concerns and issues in a timely manner.
- Prepares and conducts annual performance reviews within established deadlines.
- Directly supervises second line risk staff.
- Provides oversight, leadership, and supervision to enterprise risk staff including personnel development.
- Bachelor's Degree Accounting, Business Administration/Management, Finance, Risk Management required
- 10+ years banking or relevant experience.
- 7-10 years formal risk management experience.
- Supervisory or managerial experience in an enterprise risk or operational risk function at a mid-sized or larger bank, or risk advisory firm. preferred
- Detail oriented, with strong organizational and project management like skills. Ability to multi-task and execute on operating plan and strategic goals in a high growth and dynamic environment.
- Capacity to set goals for the department and for its employees, and to lead in executing them.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- The capacity to present complex material about risk, in a way that managers who are not risk technicians can understand and value.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Experience supervising in a Matrix Management Environment.
- Certified Risk Professional - CRP - Bank Administration Institute - BAI or
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Tim Type:Full time
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants for the position without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.