The Customer Service Representative provides excellent customer service by establishing a working relationship with internal and external customers through effective communication.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Practices exceptional service with customers using available training programs and measurement tools.
- Proficiency in teller (deposit processing duties) including cash handling and teller drawer balancing.
- Uses numerous software applications to accomplish daily tasks with minimal errors.
- Understands Alpine Bank consumer and business products and services.
- Completes New Accounts training and opens and/or maintains consumer and commercial bank accounts for Alpine Bank customers.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the following operational functions: wires, endorsements, basic bookkeeping, ATM settlement, vault balancing, vault cash ordering, safe deposit box entry/exit functions, and basic fraud detection and location security.
- Exhibits exceptional organizational skills and maintains detailed files and notes for documentation as necessary.
- Generates correspondence to secure additional customer information to resolve customer concerns.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
- A customer service oriented individual.
- Problem solving and analytical ability.
- Good time management skills. Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player.
- Basic mathematical and cash handling skills.
- Basic keyboard navigation ability.
- Understanding and application of banking compliance regulations.
- Bilingual abilities are a plus.
Education or Formal Training:
- No specific education or formal training required.
- Some customer service experience a plus.
- An entry-level position requiring little or no banking experience.
- Previous cash handling and/or customer service experience preferred.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Prolonged periods of standing and/or sitting. Ability to function in a fast-paced environment. May include some weekend and evening hours.
These are representative of those which must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. Ability to move up to 50 pounds. Repetitive motion likely.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.