Cardno is a professional infrastructure, environmental and social development services company dedicated to improving the lives of people and communities around the world. We are seeking to build a team of interdisciplinary Facility Assessors to work on a large-scale Facility Condition Assessment program at DoD installations throughout the US. Assessors must have knowledge and experience in one or more of the following: mechanical systems, electrical systems, building shell, (including roofing systems), as well as structural and interior elements.
The team will conduct assessments of facilities and systems on buildings and infrastructure at DoD installations throughout the US on a full-time basis.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct an inventory of client facilities properly classifying building components in accordance with ASTM UNIFORMAT II.
- Perform assessments of client facilities using professional expertise and judgment to determine physical condition and conformance with specifications and building codes.
- Experience using facility condition assessment software. Knowledge of BUILDER web-based Sustainment Management System (SMS) software application developed by the US Army Corps of Engineers Engineer Research and Development Center's Construction Engineering Research Laboratory (CERL) is highly desirable; however, Cardno will train good candidates in the use of this SMS software.
- Use computer tablets with built-in cameras to document mechanical or electrical equipment and subcomponents encountered during assessments and providing justification for determination of the physical condition.
- Work under direct supervision and in accordance with instructions and standard practices.
- Physical ability to inspect large complexes, including mechanical/electrical systems and subcomponents and supporting systems (assessors typically walk up to 5 miles per day).
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience or formal trade school education in building and mechanical systems
- 5 years of experience
- Good technical writing skills required
- Good mathematical aptitude required
- Ability to travel, 50% or more (for follow-on assignments beyond Fort Bragg project)
- Degree in architecture, engineering, construction management, or other applicable field
- Master mechanic/technician
- ICC certification
- ASHRAE Level I and Level II energy auditor
Equal Opportunity statement for US based applicantsCardno has a long standing policy of Equal Opportunity in employment. Our practice is to fill positions by selecting applicants who can perform the work in a competent and professional manner. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. At any time, if you need an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources.
Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from any 3rd party agencies. No fee will be paid to 3rd parties who submit unsolicited resumes to any Cardno employee. Resumes from approved vendors must be specifically requested by Cardno and approved by the Cardno Talent Acquisition Team.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP on this URL https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)