Ameris Bank is a high-performing community bank providing an exceptional customer experience with well trained, empowered employees. At Ameris, we look outside conventional wisdom and processes to find new answers. This means cutting red tape, empowering our people to make decisions at the local level and creating clear paths and easy touchpoints. We represent energy and passion, a steady strength that is bold and assertive, creativity in thinking and problem solving, a scrappy determination and nimble approach to getting things done, a good natured, genuine and approachable way of serving each other and our customers. We look forward to the future, and what this means for you, if you join our team.
The Teller position provides prompt, efficient customer service, operates the teller drawer and accurately processes transactions. The position identifies customer needs, cross-sell and up-sell opportunities and makes referrals within the Branch. The Teller I represents the Bank in a courteous, professional manner while demonstrating the Ameris Vision, Purpose, Expectations and Values.
Essential Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities:
- Strictly adheres to Bank Secrecy Act requirements and applies organizational policies and procedures in all activities.
- Provides prompt, professional customer service to customers and prospective customers.
- Operates the teller drawer and performs varied account and customer servicing accountabilities which may include accepting deposits, verifying cash and endorsements, issuing receipts, cashing checks, processing payments and transactions, selling and redeeming U.S. Savings Bonds, issuing cashier’s and traveler’s checks, escorting customers to safe deposit boxes, processing Treasury Tax & Loan deposits, food stamp deposits and night deposit bags.
- Researches and answers customer inquiries and provides balances.
- Maintains knowledge of banking products, programs, services and promotions.
- Responsible for performing accurate transactions, balancing each day and verifying cash totals.
- Scans daily proof work to the remote capture machine.
- Identifies customer needs, cross-sell and up-sell opportunities and makes referrals within the Branch.
- Works to understand the root causes of customer service issues. Identifies and implements resolutions for routine issues involving supervisors on more complex issues.
- Practices ethical sales behaviors in accordance with Ameris’s core values of Integrity and Honesty; always acts in the best interest of the customer when offering additional products and services.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Computer proficiency.
- Able to effectively and persuasively express self, using language and grammar in a professional manner.
- Able to plan, organize and prioritize tasks.
- Highly motivated team-player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships.
- Successful completion of Teller training program and passing score on training post-test.
Industry and Work Experience:
- Cash handling or sales experience preferred.
- Customer Service experience preferred.
- High school diploma or GED required.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.