JOB OPENING: Sr. Estimator
Dynalectric has been a recognized leader in the electrical industry for the past five decades, contributing to some of the most important and recognizable commercial and industrial projects in Southern California and nationwide. We provide a full-spectrum of services, from conceptual budgets and value-engineered options, to fast track, design/build, large pre-designed owner-occupied facilities and transportation systems. Dynalectric is an EMCOR Company. EMCOR Group is the world's largest provider of planning, consulting, mechanical and electrical construction facilities.
Job Title: Sr. Estimator
Reports to: Chief Estimator
Job Location & Hours: Los Alamitos Office, M-F 7:00 am to 4:00 pm
Job Summary: The Sr. Estimator works closely with the pre-construction group, division managers and project teams to produce accurate cost estimates. Estimates will be created for project procurement, internal budgets, design cost analysis and project scope changes. This position requires at least six years of Electrical Construction Estimating experience. Strong communication skills are required as part of our business dealing with our clients and internally with our company personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Develop budget estimates by performing accurate quantity take offs using plans and specifications, or conceptual information.
* Examine the plans and specifications to become familiar with the job and determine the presence of any special features and/or unique requirements.
* Review job sites or plans, measure take-offs to establish quantities of materials needed.
* Complete bids in a timely fashion and in sufficient quantity to attain profitability.
* Prepare bid package and submit to Chief Estimator for final review before submitting to general contractor/client.
* Review estimates from subordinates, make corrections, suggestions or approve as necessary.
* Provide copies of plans, take-offs and all pertinent estimating data, ensuring that drawings, specifications, labor hours/days and special requirements are clear and unambiguous.
* Formulate site requirements and exclusions for bids in conjunction with the Chief Estimator and include in proposals as needed.
* Review and price field change orders as needed in conjunction as requested by the Chief Estimator.
* Determine pricing from the original time schedule to include overtime, delaying the original completion date, number of move-ins, weekend work, etc.
* Review, interpret and accurately estimate the scope of work as described in the project documents.
* Develop RFQ/RFP documents for the solicitation of subcontractor proposal and vendor bids or quotations.
* Develop and nurture subcontractor/vendor and client relationships.
* Evaluate project scope changes and prepare change order estimates.
* Possess a good level of expertise in all phases of electrical and low voltage work.
* Provide value engineering ideas and cost delta.
* Lead page turn exercises during internal kick off meetings.
* Prepare general conditions and terms for proposals.
* Ensure flow of project information is maintained and documented.
* Support senior management by providing needed take-offs, bid preparation, quote solicitations, etc.
* Work and collaborate with Team Members throughout the company for specific project sector needs.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Minimum of 6 years of estimating experience with an Engineering Degree or Trade School Diploma or Electrical Field Installation experience
* Design-Build experience preferred.
* Knowledge of NEC, Title 24, CBC and local codes required
* Knowledge of the construction industry and contract documentation
* Proficiency in Accubid, MS Word and Excel
The requirements listed below are representative of characteristics and demonstrated capabilities sought to perform this job successfully.
* Must demonstrate integrity, honesty, professionalism and commitment to company values.
* Must be self-motivated and able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
* Must have excellent organizational, communication, strategic, technical, analytical, problem solving, and multi-tasking skills.
* Must have high standards of quality with attention to detail.
* Must possess ability to manage and supervise personnel.
* Must build positive working relationships with multiple levels of employees, management, suppliers, and customers.
Must have the demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in English, cooperate, and collaborate with multiple levels of customer, employees, unions, government agencies, vendors and suppliers, and other contractor organizations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, see, talk, and hear. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is regularly required to walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to commute to field locations to accurately perform takeoffs. The employee must have the ability to navigate around job site locations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee should expect to sit for long periods in front of a computer and also travel to field locations as needed.
While visiting field locations, the employee may be required to work outdoors, be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical and electrical parts; high, precarious places; dust, fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions, extended exposure to sunlight; cold and heat; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled