Position: Austin Market Executive | Division:Executive Management
Work Days:Mon - Fri | WorkHours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Purpose of the Position:
Responsible for the strategic direction forthe Austin and contiguous counties. Growing top line revenue of the Middle Market, CRE, Business Banking,Private Banking, Wealth Management and Treasury Solutions. Direct reports include Commercial Bankers, TreasuryManagement Sales, Private Bankers, Business Bankers, Commercial Real EstateBankers and Wealth Advisors who will engage in appropriate business developmentby design through CRM. Daily activities to grow new profitable relationships,deepen existing clients and increase the profile, brand and visibility ofBroadway Bank in the Austin Region. Remain focused and upholdthe banks Strategic Plan, and focus on a modern, innovative and digitallycapable institution.
Provides leadership and direction for the successful growth andoperation of all LOB's described above. Aligns closely with Sales & Service Executives to develop andmaintain a sales focus for growth and profitability.
Responsible for leading the effort to acquire new relationships and maintainingexisting ones.
Ensures that all solutions proposed to clients satisfy their short- andlong-term needs. Direct reports and teams will engage in appropriate businessdevelopment tactics through Business Development by Design & CRM andactivities to grow new profitable relationships, deepen current relationships,and strengthen teamwork within Broadway Bank.
Works closelywith Marcom to support and promote the bank. Including brand awareness, product campaigns andpromotions, public relations, media relations and event management.
Represent thebank in the community, increase the overall awareness of Broadway Bank andproject a positive image for the bank as a stable, sound, profitable, expandingan innovative and modern financial institution. Conscious of bringing top tier clientele with highmargins and profit potential into the bank.
- Creates accountability with each direct report to ensure appropriate goals, objectives and scorecards are set to accomplish the annual and strategic goals of the Austin Region.
- Coaches and mentors' direct reports to ensure continued development and opportunities for growth and achievement.Reviews and approves personnel recommendations regarding employment, performance ratings, salary changes, promotions, transfers and terminations.
- In conjunction with Chief Credit Officer participates in the analysis and decisions related to more complex or larger credit relationships.
- Creates and leads the business development culture for all lines of business (Middle Market, Business Banking, Private Banking, Mortgage and Wealth Management) including participation in client and prospect calls.
- Collaborates with Sales & Service and other partners on activities, events, products, pricing and promotions within the Austin Region.
- Seeks out active membership in the right, high profile, organizations and pursues public relations opportunities in order to create awareness.
- Responsible for Region specific products and pricing to maintain competitive positioning in the Market
- Leverages the assigned Donation budget for appropriate community charities and organizations in order to reinforce the culture of community involvement, including CRA events and opportunities. Works closely with Bank CRA Director to ensure Bank meets CRA goals set for the Austin Region.
- Responsible for the annual budget for the Austin Region, including coordinating with other partners.
- Leads and supports our culture of Voice Of The Customer.
- Promote an environment focused on efficiency and continuous process improvement.
- Promotes an environment of teamwork and partnership throughout the bank.
- Follows local, state and federal legislation and regulatory issues and changes relating to banking.
- Fosters an environment with appropriate focus on risk and risk management activities.
- Actively participates in Senior Officers Loan Committee, ALLL, Strategic Planning, ALCO, and other committee or task force assignments as they develop.
- Conducts regular staff and employee meetings.
- Ensures safety & soundness of bank's assets through oversight of the day-to-day activities and accountabilities.
Competencies and Skills:
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills
- Srong and complex underwriting credit skills
- Strong Business development acumen
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strategic thinker and self-starter
- Broad knowledge of financial services, operational procedures, and compliance
- Process improvement minded by creating efficiencies through modern technology.
- Generalist knowledge of allcomponents of banking
Work Experience Requirements:
- Required: 10 + years senior level bank management in a commercial credit position. A relationship banking philosophy versus a transaction philosophy.
- Preferred: Working experience with Commercial Banking, Private Banking, and Wealth Management. Strong skills and experience in Business Development and Relationship Management
- Supervisory Experience: Management responsibility at the division level or experience in managing several distinct lines of businesses.
- 4-year college degree from an accredited University with emphasis in Business, Finance and/or Accounting.
- Preferred:Master's degree in related field and/or advanced financial services related schooling
- Market Knowledge: Solid understanding of the technology industry in Austin, remain conscious and actively engage in penetrating the market.
- Strong proficiency with technology, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and CRM Platforms.
This job description is notdesigned to be a comprehensive listing of duties, responsibilities, oractivities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities, andactivities may change at any time with or without notice.
BroadwayBank is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.Broadway Bank is a drug-free and tobacco-free workplace, with a nicotine-freehiring policy. All qualified applicantswill receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.