Mechanics Bank is currently searching for a Mortgage Loan Representative for our Beverly Hills Branch, CA.
*This can also sit in our San Francisco, Walnut Creek, Roseville, Santa Barbara or Chico locations.
Originates new mortgage lending business for the bank, including conventional residential mortgage and a strong portfolio product line. Develops effective referral sources to generate loans. Coordinates loan processing and underwriting functions to ensure customer loans are closed and funded in a timely manner, and are in compliance with banking and government regulations.Professionally represents the bank in the community and refers clients for other banking services as appropriate. Keeps informed on trends and developments in the local real estate market as well as the changing rules and regulations pertaining to both private and government-insured mortgages.
What you will do:
- Develops and maintains relationships with referral sources such as realtors, and builders/contractors, to increase mortgage lending activities
- Developing and maintaining internal relationships to create cross-sell opportunities by leveraging the mortgage transaction.
- Calls on prospective customers and explains loan products and services.
- Interviews applicant and requests specific information for mortgage loan application.
- Analyzes applicant financial status, credit and property evaluation to determine feasibility of granting loan. Works with underwriting to ensure all questions are answered and/or to resolve mortgage related problems.
- Corresponds with or interviews applicant or others (e.g. creditors) to resolve questions regarding applicant information.
- Submits loan package to underwriting and coordinates necessary activities for obtaining approval.
- Coordinates activities with loan processor and customer/borrower to ensure that proper documentation and verification is obtained.
- Works with the funding department to ensure that the loan is successfully funded.
- Prepares required reports for department administrative purposes.
- Mortgage Loan Representative positions are expected to adhere to Bank policies and procedures designed to comply with the S.A.F.E. Act regulations.
- In addition, Mortgage Loan Representatives must register under the S.A.F.E. Act and ensure their registration is kept current while acting as an originator of home secured loan (home equity loans and lines of credit).
- Performs all other job duties as assigned by supervisor
Who you are:
- Possess excellent human relations, communications and business writing skills.
- Ability to work effectively without direct supervision.
- Possess effective time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates teamwork in facilitating workflow. High level of cooperation with others and is responsive to the Bank's needs.
- Exemplary motivation, enthusiasm, professionalism and team skills.
- Demonstrates with excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to cope with pressure resulting from meeting required deadlines, reporting requirements and training responsibilities.
- Exhibit high degree of professionalism and confidentiality in handling and having access to sensitive information.
- Must be able to travel throughout bank's footprint to perform required duties (less than 25%)
- Proficient with MS Office and the Internet
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent With minimum 1-3 years of related experience required. Residential mortgage lending in a similar environment. Must have current knowledge of residential mortgage lending policies, practices and applicable banking/government regulations
- Mechanics Bank is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or other bases prohibited by applicable law.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCPhere.
- To learn more about Mechanics Bank's California privacy and security policies, including your right to a Notice At Collection as a California Resident, please visit