Do you enjoy delivering professional level social work case management services to individuals and families. If yes, this position will be a perfect fit! Must be bilingual in a refugee language such as Rohingya or Swahili.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
• Receives referrals of refugee families with a variety of needs which require the application of professional social work counseling skills to solve.
• Works with Community Services Specialist and co-sponsors if applicable, to provide orientation when appropriate.
• Works closely day to day with case aids to insure provision of core services
• Conducts assessments of customer needs through intake, collateral contacts and other investigations, develops a resettlement and employment plan and performs agreed upon and necessary casework services. Initiates referrals to appropriate service collaterals or brokers new service resources to meet client needs.
• Provides case management services, and coordinates the various social, community, and health core services received by clients.
• Locates housing for newly arrived refugee families. Develops apartment and housing resources, builds relationships with housing entities, conducts advocacy to create safe, stable, long-term housing opportunities for refugees
• Establishes and maintains effective public and working relationships and collateral contacts
• Maintains detailed case records, develops and prepares statistical reports, makes recommendations concerning case disposition, and testifies at hearings as required.
• Attends and participates in staff development programs, including in-service training, staff meetings, and professional seminars. Acts as an LSS representative in the community at professional trainings and workshops as requested or required by funding contracts.
• May provide consultation to other social work staff and para-professionals in a culturally competent manner.
• May serve as a representative of the agency to interested individuals, professional
• May administer specialized programs within a community or agency.
• Participate as member of a quality team and interacts with primary, external, and internal customers of the agency in such a way that the customer experiences increasing quality.
• Performs other duties as required
This Case Manager position will have responsibilities for the Refugee Health Promotion program. Duties will include coordination of health education and workshop presentations to refugees along with participation in meetings with other refugee health providers. This position requires good organization and documentation skills for reporting, excellent time management, and the ability to collaborate with both refugee and mainstream communities. The Case Manager will work with interpreters during service provision; the ability to provide clear information is essential.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Must be bilingual in a refugee language such as Rohingya or Swahili. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Upon offer, candidates must successfully complete the necessary background, caregiver, medical and any other checks required, according to program requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
College Degree id preferred but not required..
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• The incumbent of this position must have a valid driver’s license and have reliable transportation to perform the essential duties of the role; a motor vehicle check (MVR) with a satisfactory driving record per the LSS Driver Safety Procedure is required, and ability to meet LSS auto insurance requirements.
• State Certified Social Worker (CSW), Certified Professional Counselor (CPC), or other applicable state certification is preferred.
Ability to communicate both in verbal and written format, effectively and efficiently in job. Ability to read, write, analyze, and interpret to complete all required intervention and goal process documentation by established timeframes. Must write progress reports and clearly communicate to external customers the effectiveness of services. Ability to document in neat, legible, accurate, and objective and consistently reflect the services provided. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, directors and top management. Fluency in English.
TRAVEL: Day to day travel is required.
LSS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, disability status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.