The Loan Administrator I is an entry level position that works closely with the assigned Relationship Manager and Credit Analyst to gather, compile, and organize supporting information to create loan packets and to close loans. They are responsible for ensuring the loan complies with Alpine Bank’s Loan Policy and adheres to any compliance or regulatory requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Works closely with the assigned Relationship Manager to provide support as it relates to gathering, compiling, and organizing supporting information for the creation of a loan packet and for the closing of a loan.
- Provides compliance assistance to the Relationship Manager.
- Works with Commercial Credit Management on the completion of loan documentation ensuring minimal exceptions.
- Processes loans in a timely manner meeting all deadlines as outlined in service level agreements.
- Follows established procedures that are created for the tasks of their job.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Employees are held accountable for all duties of this job.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
- Uses critical thinking skills to consider multiple sides of an issue and weighing consequences before making final decision.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions with minimal supervision.
- Proficient in identifying, evaluating, and reviewing required loan documentation and financial documentation.
- Ability to multi-task while being detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks in the most effective manner.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in computer applications such as Adobe, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Technologically adept; willing and able to learn new systems.
- Understanding and application of banking compliance regulations.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with a team.
Education or Formal Training:
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) equivalent required.
- An understanding of insurance, title work, loan documents, regulatory documentation, financial data, ratios, and security instruments is preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted on a year to year basis.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
These are representative of those which must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required; it would require the ability to reach for and lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Employee may have to lift up to 25 pounds.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.