Position: ETL Developer I | Division:Information Technology
Work Days:Monday - Friday | WorkHours: 8am-5pm
Purpose of the Position:
This role builds data storage systems, works to fill them with data and supervises a process of loading big data into a data warehousing software. Job assignments will include analyzing, development, and delivery of data using ETL tools from operational systems and files into a staging area, operational data stores, data warehouse, data marts and files and developing ETL mapping, mapping documents and SQL queries. The ETL Developer will also assist in the development and implementation of the enterprise integration architecture and will provide ETL expertise to other areas of the organization.
- Uses different data warehousing concepts.
- Develops modern metadata-driven Data Warehouse solutions using AzureStack (such as Microsoft Azure Service Bus, Azure Data Factory, Data LakeStorage, Azure OCR, Azure Search, Databricks, Azure Monitor, Azure logging,Azure auditing, Azure Data-Lake Storage Gen2, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Power BI).
- Creates tools to generate Azure and other scripts to configure theAzure Stack Platform.
- Creates and enhances prototypes and data solutions enabling seamlessdelivery of data and is responsible for collecting, parsing, managing andanalyzing large sets of data.
- Builds the logical data model and implements the physical database structure and constructs andimplements operational data stores and datamarts.
- Designs develop, automates, and support complex applications toextract, transform, and load data.
- After development work completes, developers also must test theirdesigns to ensure the system runs smoothly.
- Ensures data quality.
- Design, develop and maintain database objects such as the tables, viewsand stored procedures needed tosupport reporting and/or analytics solutions.
- Develops logical and physical data flow models for ETL applications.
- Translates dataaccess, transformation, and movement requirements into functional requirements and mapping designs.
Competencies and Skills:
- Proficient with MS SQL and SQL structures on Windows Server platform.
- Expertise in Any ETL tool i.e. (SQL queries, SSRS, SSIS Informatica, Data Stage).
- Hands-on experience in Azure stack (Azure Data Lake, Azure Data Factory, Azure Databricks).
- Expertise to Implementing Data warehousing Solutions.
- Experience as a Data Engineer in Azure Big Data Environment.
- Communication skills - able to communicate in a clear, articulate, and professional manner on a daily basis via written and oral.
- Interpersonal and Customer Relations skills - able to maintain a professional and courteous attitude with employees and third-party individuals at all times to resolve conflicts and address any issues within the contractual structure and regulations.
- Planning/Organizational skills - able to prioritize work activities, use time efficiently and work through projects in a self-motivated manner balancing effort between contracts, vendor agreements, and pricing requests.
- Adaptability - able to adapt to rapid changes in the work environment, manage competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Problem-solving skills - able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully; able to apply independent judgment on a regular basis in making decisions.
- Time Management skills - able to use time effectively in a semi-supervised fashion, pursuing other activities when regular duties have reduced in volume; able to complete projects in a timely manner.
Work Experience Requirements:
- 8+ years in Information Technology
- 5+ years hands-on experience in DW/BI design, development, and implementation
- 5+ years experience programming (Design/Develop) in SQL, integrations
- Experience with a major ETL tool, preferably Azure Data Factory
- Experience maintaining source code in Git and managing a CI/CDpipeline, preferably with Azure DevOps
- 3+ years experiencetroubleshooting, diagnosing and debugging software programs
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, Computer Engineering or other technology focused discipline or equivalent work experience
- Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft Windows Server Administration 2012-2019
- Jira Core/Software
- Git - version control
- Microsoft Team Foundation Services
- Some travel required
- May need to beavailable nights and weekends
This job description is not designed to be a comprehensive listingof duties, responsibilities, or activities that are required for thisjob. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time withor without notice.
Broadway Bank is proud to be an Equal Opportunityand Affirmative Action Employer. Broadway Bank is a drug-free and tobacco-freeworkplace, with a nicotine-free hiring policy. All qualified applicants will receiveconsideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity,religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.