SUMMARY: Animal caretakers are responsible for attending to and caring for pigs in our swine production facilities. On-the-job training is provided; related experience is not necessary.
- Monitoring feed quality and water supply
- Monitoring barn environment and ventilation systems
- Treating and vaccinating sick animals as necessary
- Breeding sows (if placed on sow farm)
- Processing piglets (if placed on sow farm)
- Loading and unloading pigs as scheduled
- Maintaining farm cleanliness
- Pay ranges from $12.50 to $16.00 per hour depending on experience
- Work 45+ hours per week
- Insurance including medical, vision, dental, prescription drugs and life insurance -- starts after 90 days
- 401K retirement program
- 10 days (after 60 days of service)
- 15 days (after 2 years of service)
- 18 days (after 4 years of service)
- 22 days (after 10 years of service)
- 25 days (after 16+ years of service)
- Holidays - 8 paid holidays after 90 days employment
- Referral Bonus -- $1,000 for each referred hire (if employee and referred hire are both active after 3 months)
- Assistance with locating housing
- On-the-Job training with advancement opportunities
- No education or experience required.
- Basic math skills
- Flexible and able to work on assigned weekends (Saturday/Sunday)
- Bilingual in English and Spanish helpful, but not required
- Must be able to work in farm environment
WHY JOIN SEABOARD FOODS?
- Traditional benefits include: competitive pay, affordable medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage, retirement savings plans for full-time and active employees, flexible spending accounts, life/AD&D insurance, family life insurance and employee assistance program.
- Other benefits: career training and advancement, discounted pork products, employee referral bonuses, wellness programs, annual family events and discount programs.
ABOUT SEABOARD FOODS:
At Seaboard Foods, we create the most sought-after pork. Together, more than 5,000 employees in five states work in our farms, feed mills, and processing plant, to produce Prairie Fresh pork. As a top U.S. pork producer/processor and leading exporter to 30+ countries, we are committed to the pursuit of pork perfection, seeking a better way to produce wholesome pork and connect every step between our farms and family tables. This ensures the well-being of our animals, the environment, our employees and the communities we call home.
Seaboard Foods is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.