- 31-Jul-2020 to 15-Sep-2020 (MST)
- Steel Girder
- Coolidge, AZ, USA
- Full Time
Health, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short & Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Accident & Critical Illness Insurance, PTO, Profit Sharing, 401k, Identity Theft Protection
Stinger Bridge and Iron is a structural steel fabrication, precast concrete girder fabricator and erection contractor. Stinger focuses primarily on the Southwestern Bridge and Highway market, specializing in bridge projects. Stinger fabricates in its Coolidge, Arizona facility located south of the Phoenix/Chandler/Gilbert area and erects work in Arizona, California, Nevada, New Mexico, Texas and Colorado.
The Estimator will prepare pricing estimates on new projects as well as change orders on existing contracts. This is a full time position that may require road or air travel.
- Prepare pricing estimates on new projects and estimate prices on change orders on existing contracts.
- Read and understand job bid instructions, detailed specifications, prepare a "take off" of materials included in the job.
- Estimate all necessary labor, materials, buyout items, equipment costs (including crane costs) to prepare a through price estimate.
- Exercise good judgment and experience in working with purchasing, steel erection labor, equipment and transportation costs to arrive at full cost estimate with appropriate profit margins to achieve Company's goals.
- Work directly with Sales and Preconstruction Teams to understand size and scope of projects along with timelines and applicable project deadlines.
- Ensure that all contractual terms and obligations of such projects are maintained.
- Ensure that projects meet cost requirements.
- Meet with VP of PM and/or Exec VP Operations if costs exceed budget and obtains permission before approving out-of-budget costs.
- Ensure proper accounting for project change orders.
- Interface with necessary departments to determine the scheduling of work and materials.
- Meet with customers and vendors to identify potential barriers with resolutions that maximize production and minimize costs.
- Visit job site as needed and required, including out of state travel.
- Prepare reports for management.
- Meet with key personnel to ensure timeliness of project.
- Meet and confer with Owner, Architect, Engineers, Contractors, Detailers, and Plant and Field crews to verify accuracy and completeness of all construction drawings.
- Review plans and proposals and determines proper procedures in order to accomplish company and department goals.
- Ensure all aspects of projects are properly and thoroughly documented to ensure Stinger's interests are protected.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- HS Diploma or equivalent.
- 5-10 years related experience as a Project/Construction Manager/ Estimator in the structural steel industry or 5 years related experience as a Project Coordinator/Engineer or Assistant Project Manager along with 3 years detailing/drafting.
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Construction Management, Structural/Civil Engineering, or Business may substitute for 3 years of the required experience.
- Experience as a fabricator or erector may substitute for detailing/drafting experience.
- Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record required.
- General knowledge of fabrication and erection standards and procedures.
- General knowledge of AISC standards and AWS D1.1 & D1.5 codes.
- Proven ability to read and interpret shop and design blueprint drawings.
- Proven ability to manage large multiple commercial and industrial projects.
- General knowledge of 3D modeling / Tekla system.
- Ability to manage multiple projects while meeting stringent deadlines.
Applications may be filled out at.
Stinger Bridge & Ironis an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and an Equal Opportunity Employer of Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans.
Pre-employment physical and drug testing are required.
If you require an accommodation to submit an application, please emailto request an accommodation. This email is only to request an accommodation to the application process and is not an email to inquire about the status of your application.