VP, Digital Banking Application Support Manager
Reporting to the FVP of Digital Operations & Items Processing, the Digital Banking Application Support Manager provides technology and back-office support for Apple Bank’s digital platforms & applications. The successful candidate will play a key role in acting as the technological/support liaison between the Digital Banking unit and our service providers, enabling Apple’s Retail Banking team to deliver exceptional service to its customers. The Manager will oversee application support of the Digital Banking group, including but not limited to, support for Online Banking channels (including Online Account Opening Channels), and Mobile Banking.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide day-to-day leadership in a liaison role between our vendor providers and the Digital banking team for technical support and project delivery processes.
- Collaborate with various Retail Banking lines of business including Digital Banking/Digital Services, as well as peer technology groups.
- Participate in the implementation of technology strategic planning initiatives that support Retail Banking applications, including all new products and/or improvements over existing products.
- Oversee vendor changes & releases to the production platform in effective manner.
- Act as the point of escalation for all issues & work with other departments in IT, including Core, Help Desk, Network/Telecom, and Infrastructure teams to rapidly resolve them; analyze and understand impact to end-users and customers and articulate findings to senior technology leadership and/or technology partners via root cause analyses.
- Evaluate technology & architecture deliverables for current and new technologies.
- Work with Information Security department to review security components embedded in our digital platforms.
- Maintain knowledge base including but not limited to, architecture, configuration, and other software artifacts such as release notes.
- Escalate vendor support issues to senior management; identify problems and improve support service levels.
- Partner with Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO) regarding new initiatives for online banking channels; review work orders and statements of work.
- Responsible for vendor SOC report reviews, vendor application end-user controls (CEUC), etc.
- Establish/maintain contacts within banking industry to keep appraised of business activities/ business drivers, business requirements, solution strategies, and alternatives, etc.
- Support departmental audits, IT Risk area, and external regulators; execute corrective action (if needed) in a timely manner.
- Ensure direct reports remain current on all regulatory requirements and trainings.
- Maintain the confidentiality of our customers.
- Perform other duties as required.
Skills, Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Technology required.
- 7+ years of experience in Technology Support.
- Strong knowledge of Online/Mobile Banking applications and other digital technologies including online account opening, and payment functions, which is necessary.
- Core banking knowledge and interfaces is a plus.
- Experience understanding digital technologies & its ecosystems.
- Deep understanding of Uux flow & development, web-based technologies, and mobile application environments, amongst others.
- Experience using a variety of OLB platforms helpful.
- Possess familiarity with applicable regulatory policies including BSA/AML, Privacy, and PCI compliance, etc.
- Remain current with technology architecture and various system components for digital platforms, including all interfaces and dataflow to vendor components, as well as to the Core.
- Familiar with latest product/technology offerings in the market place and emerging trends.
- Experience in resolving and working through escalated and complex customer issues.
- Solid problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to handle information professionally and confidentially.
- Must have ability to build relationships cross-functionally.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Experience recognizing service opportunities and providing exceptional customer satisfaction.
- Superior Microsoft Office skills; must be able to use these tools when presenting to senior officers of the Bank.
Apple Bank offers Medical/Dental, Vision, 401k, and Tuition Reimbursement to full-time employees.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, military and/or veteran status, or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes.