Working at West means having an opportunity to work by the side of our patients and customers, our global team members and the communities in which we operate - which all help contribute to a Healthier World.
At West, we are by the side of patients. The work we do impacts patients' lives each and every day - our products are a critical part of healthcare delivery and we are proud of the role we play to improve patient health. We work by the side of our team members. We come together as one global team to deliver for our customers and help them address their challenges. We are a diverse, close-knit community of professionals, where everyone has a voice and opportunity to learn and grow through mutual trust and respect. With a 95 year plus history, we have a track record for success, which includes reported sales of $1.84B in 2019. We serve by the side of our community. Giving back is in our DNA-our team members across more than 50 sites globally are involved with hundreds of charities that have special meaning to them through our West with Without Borders team member-led giving program.
Responsible for ensuring that existing automation equipment and systems are functioning as intended to deliver maximum output while maintaining highest product quality. Support industrialization of next generation equipment and continuous improvement initiatives in existing platform products within the proprietary product value streams in Operations, under appropriate guidance and leadership
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under guidance of the process and operations engineers:
- Support production operations within the value stream to ensure operational efficiencies are met.
- Develop, recommend and implement corrective action to improve efficiencies, as needed
- Identify production downtime occurrences and use statistical methods to identify major downtime trends and develop robust solutions.
- Work with project engineers/process engineers to ensure successful evaluation of all new equipment / process improvements.
- Assist with the installation and validation of new automation equipment/process development through SAT/IQ/OQ/PQ
- Work within timelines to ensure timely completion of assigned projects.
- Complete project status reports and communicate to responsible engineers/project teams
- Provide process support to the production facilities as required. Requires working knowledge of all automation equipment (i.e.: materials, molding, tooling, etc...)
- Required to perform troubleshooting and maintenance activities as necessary
- Implement and perform equipment preventative maintenance and calibration procedures and activities.
- Provide direction and training to other technicians as required
- Coordinate spares inventory management with assistance of Engineering and Maintenance to ensure minimal downtime as a result of missing spares
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work flexible hours and support business needs if required.
- Observe all company Policies and Safety Rules and Regulations
- Performs other duties as assigned based on business needs.
- High School or Equivalent
- Prefer Associates degree or working toward degree in technical discipline
- 6 - 10 Years of manufacturing experience
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Prefer 5 years related experience and/or training with automation systems; or a combination of equivalent education and experience.
- Must be able to independently problem solve technical and/or mechanical issues
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write reports and correspondence as needed
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram or schedule form
- Ability to work with various computer software programs
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities
- Willing to work overtime as needed
- Medical device development and manufacturing background preferred
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, workflows, basic electrical / automation equipment and industrial techniques.
- Must have effective problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Must have knowledge of sound engineering principles and practice.
- Must possess the ability to plan work and supervise others, as needed.
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Must be able to perform job duties as required with limited physical demands within clean room manufacturing requirement.
West is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please send an email to . Where permitted by law, an offer of employment with West Pharmaceutical Services, or any of its subsidiary or affiliate companies, is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of background screening and/or a pre-employment drug screening.