Job No: 509948
Work Type: On Campus
Location: Normal, Illinois
Title: Extra Help RN or LPN II
Department: Health ServicesGeneral Summary
The LPN II or RN works in close cooperation with the Health Service physicians, nurse practitioners, and RNs in order to carry out orders and provide services to those eligible for care at the Student Health Service. Objectives and parameters are set by the policies and procedures of the Nursing Department and the Student Health Service as well as the Illinois Nurse Practice Act.Required Qualifications
1. Possession of a valid license as a Licensed Practical Nurse issued by the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation, Division of Professional Regulation OR Licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse in Illinois.
2. Six months of nursing experience in a health care facility (such as a hospital, nursing home, medical clinic, prison, mental health facility, or closely related facilities).
1. Graduation from high school and an approved school of practical nursing.
2. Must have technical-manual dexterity; knowledge of aseptic technique; legible and accurate clerical skills; good judgment, knowledge, and level of maturity; good communication skills; flexibility and abilities to rotate among clinics; and ability to perform all aspects of the LPN role in a judicious, systematic manner to decrease any chance of error.
3. Demonstration of an aptitude to work in college health setting.
Vary-up to 28 hours Monday-Friday 8:00-4:30 pmFunctional Expectations
Must be able to complete the following with or without a reasonable accommodation:
1. Physical exertion varies with the task. The LPN must have the capability to work quickly and accurately in order to maintain an organized patient flow through the office.
2. Ability to stand and/or walk for long periods of time.
3. Ability to sit, hear, see, write, and speak.
4. Also required are color perception, visual acuity, reading, kneeling, handling, and proper body mechanics.
5. Ability to lift up to 40 pounds repetitively.
ASAPSalary Rate / Pay Rate
RN-$21.00 per hour, LPN-$17.00 per hourRequired Applicant Documents
Licensed Practical Nurse License
Registered Nurse License
PLEASE NOTE: These documents are required to be submitted online in order to complete the application process. Please have these documents ready prior to clicking on "Apply"Optional Applicant Documents
Certification of Retirement Annuity (required for SURS annuitants only)
PLEASE NOTE: These documents may be submitted online in order to complete the application process. Please have these documents ready prior to clicking on "Apply"Special Instructions for Applicants
Extra Help employees may only work up to 28 hours per week for all University employment. Employees are only paid for hours worked and do not qualify for most benefits including health insurance and retirement, with Illinois State University. However, Extra Help employees are eligible to participate in the University's supplemental retirement savings plans (403b). Applicable retirement information is provided at the time of hire. There is no guarantee that working as Extra Help will lead to or secure permanent employment. In addition, extra help employees may only work up to 900 hours total during their employment.
For full consideration, the application and all supplemental information must be submitted on-line. Please complete the entire employment application including the education and work history background. Please do not put "see resume" in the duties and responsibilities section of the work history. This will be considered an incomplete application and incomplete applications will not be considered. The employment application (not resume/cover letter) will be reviewed to determine if applicant meets minimum qualifications. Please be complete in the duties and responsibilities section for each position listed.
A copy of your license MUST be uploaded or submitted along with your application in order to receive full consideration for this position.
If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or other state or federal law you may request an accommodation by contacting the Office of Equal Opportunity and Access at . The Office of Equal Opportunity and Access will hold any confidential information you provide in confidence.
If you are having difficulty accessing the system, please call Human Resources at .
Application Opened: CST
Application Closes: Open Until Filled