This position is responsible for all commercial lending activities in all markets of the Bank. Performs all duties in accordance with Board established policies, including the development of supporting procedures for effective administration, underwriting and collecting of loans, in conformance with the business plan of the Bank and in compliance with all rules and regulations governing the lending activities of the Bank.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership for and mentoring of Commercial Banking Officer direct reports.
- Periodically review loan concentrations, credit risks, and the adequacy of the Allowance for Loan and Lease Loss provision.
- Assure accurate, comprehensive, and timely reporting on significant lending matters to the Executive Loan Committee and the Board of Directors.
- Set loan rates and monitor competitive and economic changes in the marketplace.
- Evaluate and manage variances from budget on the loan portfolio’s actual results for interest income and non-interest fee income.
- Review commercial credits, credit risk and approved loans; coordinate and monitor any third-party loan review engagements.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the Bank’s loan collection efforts; recommend charge-offs and foreclosures.
- Direct the loan officer guidelines for managing non-performing loans and troubled credits.
- Assure follow-up and compliance with any regulatory matters involving matters requiring attention, formal agreements, or regulatory orders pertaining to the lending functions of the Bank.
- Select and provide for the continuing development of subordinate loan managers and lending support staff; conduct periodic performance reviews, and provide on-going guidance, training, and direction to managers in developing and implementing the Bank’s plans and objectives.
- Promote cost consciousness and fiscal responsibility for lending department activities.
- Attend management meetings and perform other duties as assigned by the President and CEO.
- Responsible for overall business development, pricing, structuring, underwriting and monitoring risk in all Commercial Lending.
- Participate in professional and other organizations, which contribute to Community Development and the Bank’s public image and growth.
- Responsible for working with SVP Consumer Loan Manager and the VP Senior Credit Officer in regard to policy, procedures, and compliance matters.
- Continuously review and adapt business practices to adhere to the Bank’s Strategic Objectives and Goals.
- Automate business processes utilizing technology.
Essential Functions to be performed with or without a reasonable accommodation
Additional Management Responsibilities
- Review and coordinate the implementation of policies and procedures in areas affected by Consumer Compliance regulations.
- Take an active role in the community consistent with the bank’s marketing objectives and policies set forth in the Community Reinvestment Act statement.
- Perform all supervisory/managerial responsibilities in a manner that fully complies with the Bank’s Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Policy and that meets the requirements of all related federal and state regulations. Adhere to all EEO/AA guidelines and regulations in the hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, selection and training processes.