APSI Security Guard / Security Officer is a position within the security and protective service field of work. Guards / Officers generally provide security services under some limited supervision from a Security Guard supervisors and the program management team on site. APSI is seeking qualified applicants to fill full-time Security Officer Position in Aniston, Alabama.
The Security Guard position is able to perform a variety of fixed-post, mobile, or foot patrols while maintaining situational awareness and making decisions and/or taking actions consistent with established post orders, facility rules, guidelines and protocols. Duties may include work in austere and uncomfortable conditions for prolonged periods of time, including periods of inclement weather, while performing walking, standing, searching, and surveillance or sitting duties essential to the performance of the security functions.
Works directly for Shift Supervisor/Lead and site Project Manager or designee. Ensures the accomplishment of requirements in the contract Statement of Work (SOW). Ensures compliance with orders, policies, and procedures, with emphasis on safe conduct of operations.
The Security Guard's responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Monitor alarms, radio traffic and other information sources. Dispatch or inform others as needed and authorized.
Report and appropriately address fire alarms, burglary alarms, requests for assistance and criminal acts; including but not limited to: vandalism, theft, illegal entry or attempted entry, suspicious behavior, domestic or workplace violence, threats, speed or other vehicle violations, illegal drug use, inappropriate use of facility or client equipment or property.
Stop, screen, inquire, and inspect vehicles and pedestrians entering and / or exiting the facility as directed by post orders, rules, regulations, guidelines and protocols.
Properly use equipment issued or available for use.
Prevent passage of prohibited articles onto or off of client facility.
Escort individuals or vehicles in accordance with post orders, rules, regulations, guidelines and protocols.
Maintain all necessary licensing, certifications, training and records for legal employment for the Security Guard position; keep and maintain all Security Clearances and documentation necessary for individual sites to include all for required ARMED positions.
Use portable radios, phones or other communication devises appropriately and according to established rules.
Monitor all APSI and client equipment; guard against loss or damage; report any such loss or damage immediately to a supervisor or manager.
Log in Property Pass numbers for authorized property/equipment movements.
Ensure the security of government property, detaining personnel using the mantrap when needed, and reporting anyone involved with unauthorized property/equipment removal.
Conduct regular patrols and inspections of buildings and facilities
Issue required badges or passes to authorized personnel.
Monitor electronic access control and report violations
Monitor radio-frequency identification (RFID) systems and respond to alarms indicating unauthorized removal of government property.
Grant access to areas during non-working hours to authorized personnel in accordance with the established procedure and access lists.
Monitor facility equipment and utility systems and report deficiencies to personnel responsible for repairs.
Perform random surveillance of buildings for the detection of unauthorized or inappropriate activity.
Perform random surveillance of fence line for breaches and the detection of unauthorized removal of government property, illegal or inappropriate activity.
Provide additional security support for scheduled events that may occur during or after duty hours or for unscheduled emergencies as requested by supervisor
Maintain activity logs and administrative documents as required by contract.
Contact, assist, and cooperate with local, state or federal law enforcement; locate, retain and protect necessary evidence; testify as necessary in judicial and administrative proceedings.
Other duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Minimum of 4 years of security/civilian law enforcement experience OR an equivalent position with the United States Armed Forces (military).
* Ability to certify under customer Contractor Employee Reliability Program (CERP), obtains and holds security clearances, and passes semi-annual weapons qualification standards.
* Musts submit to and successfully complete pre-placement screening and evaluation, which includes submission to a criminal background check, financial institutions/credit bureau check, and disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act.
* Must be able to pass criminal background screen, drug test and physical exam.
* Alabama State Security Guard license required or ability to obtain within hiring period.
* Must be fluent in speaking and writing in English.
* Effective English language verbal and writing skills are required.
* Leadership skills are necessary to motivate high performance and teamwork.
* Must be able to meet medical/physical fitness requirements.
* Excellent interpersonal skills are required for customer and team relations.
* Security Officer must maintain accurate knowledge of the most current orders, regulations, procedures, policies, and response plans.
* Proficiency in basic computer functions including keyboard entry, and work processing are essential.
* Officer must be able to meet physical fitness requirements of the position.
* 4 years or more Experience in performing and functioning as a Guard II/Security Officer in a civilian/military law enforcement is preferred.
* Two years technical or university education is preferred.
* 2-4 years of experience as an armed Guard II/Security Officer working on a government contract as a contractor employee is preferred.
Pursuant to PL 93-638, as amended, preference will be given to qualified Ahtna Native Corpo
1. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
2. While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to sit, talk or hear, stand, walk, use hands to handle, or operate objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, and taste or smell.
3. The employee occasionally lifts and/or moves anything from 10 to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision and peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
4. Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. To the extent practicable in a field setting, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is a non-supervisory position.
The position may require extensive sitting, watching monitors, walking around the facility outside in rain, wind or other poor weather conditions and kneeling and stooping to look under or inside vehicles or containers.