Mortgage Disclosure Specialist will be responsible for the delivery of mortgage disclosures to Alerus mortgage clients. The Mortgage Disclosure Specialist will work with mortgage bankers and capital markets team to make sure all disclosures are accurate and delivered timely to deliver a superior client experience.
Job Function Number 1: Production and Distribution of Mortgage Disclosures - 50%
- Responsible for producing and distributing mortgage disclosures and redisclosures to Alerus clients in a timely manner, including the creation and audit of all initial disclosures, TRID disclosures, and state specific disclosures.
- Verify all required information has been submitted by the mortgage banker prior to distributing applicable mortgage disclosures. If necessary, obtain any missing information from the mortgage banker prior to disclosing.
- Research discrepancies on files during the disclosing process and discuss with the mortgage bankers and/or loan processors.
- Calculate all fees accurately using fee engine, templates or other tools provided.
- Validate accuracy of data input for fees, impounds, prepaid taxes/insurance to ensure correct figures are disclosed to the borrower.
- Collaborate with mortgage bankers and secondary marketing to issue re-disclosures in a timely manner when required.
Job Function Number 2: Compliance and Service - 30%
- Ensure that all required regulatory and investor disclosures are included in disclosure packages.
- Manage reporting to ensure disclosures are timely sent and received from the client.
- Maintain service standards while complying with regulatory timelines associated with the completion and dissemination of loan disclosures, including TRID.
- Partner with compliance to fully understand any regulatory changes that would impact disclosures.
Job Function Number 3: Training and Support - 10%
- Analyze all pending files that involve disclosure issues, determine if additional training is need.
- Serve as a resource to mortgage leadership to assist with any operational training needs.
- Provide back-up assistance to processors as requested by mortgage leadership.
- Pursue cross training of other integral parts of the mortgage
Job Function Number 4: Loan Product and System Knowledge - 10%
- Maintain thorough knowledge on all mortgage products as well as all product lines offered by Alerus Financial.
- Maintain knowledge of Encompass to effectively perform daily work processes and answer customer questions.
- Maintain knowledge of other bank applications as necessary.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum two years mortgage experience. Experience preparing loan estimates and closing disclosures, preferred.
- Demonstrated superior knowledge of mortgage disclosure requirements, TRID, RESPA and other key mortgage compliance and CFPB requirements.
- Demonstrated knowledge of loan products and down payment assistance programs.
- Proficient with all Microsoft programs.
- Ability to work independently while consistently meeting deadlines.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to deliver an exceptional customer service experience.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
Physical Demands: (must be met with or without a reasonable accommodation)
- Extended periods of time sitting at a desk and using office equipment.
- Ability to operate a personal computer/laptop for approximately 8 hours per day.
- Extended time is spent reviewing physical and electronic documents.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Periodically, may also do light lifting of supplies and materials which weighs in at approximately 20 lbs.
- Will spend most of time in an indoor environment.
Alerus Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.