Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
PAE SCORE is actively searching for a RSC Mate to support the Naval Air Station Southern California Tactical Training Range (SCTTR) contract, Diego, CA. The RSC Mate will assist the RSC Captain in the safe operation of a 114' Range Support Craft (RSC).
Essential Responsibilities (are not limited to):
- Assist Captain with in port and underway vessel operation
- Stand navigational bridge watch while underway
- Oversight of deck department with experience leading underway and in port deck department operations including but not limited to: target launch/recovery, torpedo recovery, crane operations, provisioning, mooring/unmooring and anchoring operations
- Monitor and maintain vessel preventative maintenance program including hands on maintenance
- In conjunction with Captain, maintain vessel safety and operational training programs
- Responsible vessel trim/stability reporting directly to Captain
- Prepare and submit operational reports to Port Captain
- Apply technical knowledge to solve complex problems that typically cannot be solved solely by referencing manufacturer's manuals or similar documents.
- Maintain updates to navigational charts and publications
- Safety officer responsible for new crewmember briefs, passenger safety orientations and pre-evolution safety meetings in accordance with ORM/JSA
- Vessel underway provisioning
- Minimum 500GRT Mate Near Coastal
- Five (5) years' experience operating, watch standing and maintaining vessels at sea.
- ARPA, Radar observer
- Must have the ability to obtain an Interim Security Clearance (or transfer) in a timely manner and maintain a US Government DoD Secret Clearance.
- Must be able to complete company operational specific training with 90 days of hire
- Valid driver's license
- Proficient in written and verbal English language skills.
- Comfortable with oral presentations in front of 5-15 persons
- Knowledge of military operations
- Proficient in use of computer systems including all Microsoft products with ability to learn and maintain proficiency in company computer systems
- Experience with vessel maintenance, hand tools and vessel coating systems
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member, leader and mentor
- Able to swim, be physically fit, and capable of spending extensive hours/days at sea in all weather conditions.
- Possess the ability to stand, see, reach, balance 50 - 75 percent of the time
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. 25 - 50 percent of the time
- Evidence of graduation from an accredited trade school, applicable military service program or proven performance gained through equivalent experience.
****THIS JOB IS NON-ROTATIONAL. CANIDATES MUST RESIDE IN THE SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA REGION****
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement