Picture a working environment where people support and encourage each other to achieve exceptional things.
Imagine an organization that’s constantly innovating, both for their customers and their employees.
Now imagine that business committed to enhancing the livelihood, diversity, and growth in your community.
This is the LocalJobNetwork. Uncover your full potential in a growing and collaborative environment.
The Business Analyst will conduct standard business analysis, gather requirements, and create user stories to support software development decisions and modernization/implementation of business-critical tools. If you like to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment, thrive on juggling multiple projects, and have a continuous improvement mindset, this is the opportunity for you!
- Compose user stories featuring well-defined acceptance criteria that will build the framework upon which all software development decisions are based
- Participate in and be comfortable facilitating diagramming, modeling, prototyping, and backlog management efforts
- Work with the business and end users to solve issues and identify opportunities for technology-based solutions
- Prioritize and negotiate requests from multiple stakeholders
- Facilitate timeline estimates
- Act as coach for the internal development team
- Develop and maintain effective and collaborative relationships
- Promote a culture of innovation through openness to new ideas and the incorporation of user feedback into the software development process
- Partner with technical leads and fellow product owners within the work stream for learning the business rules, determining scope, cost, timing, implementation and tracking of effective solutions
- Design, develop, document, and implement solutions in accordance with user requirements within project specifications, established funding standards, and ensuring completion within the planned time. Use judgment in suggesting adaptations or modifications to scope, funding, and timing where appropriate
- Function in a scrum master/project manager/quality assurance capacity as a secondary skillset
- 1-3 years of Business Analysis experience
- Solid understanding of Agile SDLC methodologies & frameworks (SCRUM/Kanban). Experience with Agile software projects is a must!
- Ability to lead large scale project initiatives by developing standards, setting analytics metrics and facilitation of requirements sessions and delivery to team and client
- Ability to balance multiple projects while remaining focused on the needs of end users, clients, and project team members
- Comfortable giving open feedback and having difficult conversations with associates or business users
- Comfortable receiving feedback and incorporating it into execution of responsibilities
- Familiarity with business application platforms such as CRM, data analysis tools and accounting software is a major plus
- Experience with formal software quality assurances tools and processes such as writing and executing test plans is a bonus
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
LJN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Encouraging Diversity and Inclusion is a core value – we celebrate and embrace our differences. Everyone is welcome and deserves an opportunity.