The Alaka'ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) has a potential need for top talent to provide mission, clinical affairs, educational, and research support to a Department of Defense (DoD) medical program out of various locations inside continental United State (CONUS) and outside continental United State (OCONUS)
Locations include Silver Spring, MD; Camp Lejeune, NC; Camp Pendleton, CA; Fort Belvoir, VA; Fort Bragg, NC; Fort Bliss, TX; Fort Campbell; Fort Carson, CO; Fort Hood, TX; Joint Base Lewis-McChord (JBLM), WA; Joint Base Elmendorf Richardson (JBER), AK; Landstuhl Regional Medical Center (LRMC), Germany; Naval Medical Center, San Diego (NMCSD), CA; San Antonio Military Medical Center (SAMMC), TX; Special Operations Command (SOCOM) - MacDill AFB, Tampa, FL; Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (WRNMMC), Bethesda, MD; VA Polytrauma Rehabilitation Center - Minneapolis, MN; VA Polytrauma Rehabilitation Center - Palo Alto, CA; VA Polytrauma Rehabilitation Center - Richmond, VA; VA Polytrauma Rehabilitation Center - San Antonio, TX; VA Polytrauma Rehabilitation Center - Tampa, FL/ MacDill AFB
SUPPORT AREAS INCLUDE:
- Mission Support - Provide support to advance the organization's top priorities, assuring infrastructure, regulatory compliance and financial accountability in support of the organizational mission.
- Clinical Affairs Support - Provide state-of-the-science traumatic brain injury (TBI) care knowledge by developing clinical recommendations, analyzing outcomes, surveillance reporting, and providing subject matter expertise on TBI-related matters.
- Education Support - Provide educational programs, materials and training for Service members, veterans, healthcare providers, military line leaders, families, caregivers, and civilian communities on awareness, prevention, diagnosis, treatment and management of TBI.
- Resource Support - Provide evidence-based knowledge to the military health system (MHS) through conducting and supporting clinically focused military-relevant, gaps- and hypotheses-driven TBI research, and evaluating research processes and programs to identify, improve and advance treatments resulting in positive outcomes for service members and veterans who have sustained TBI. Additionally, research efforts are focused on increased evidence-base in the impact of blast and subconcussive incidents (single and repetitive) on the warfighter. Continue to support Congressionally-mandated research projects, such as the 15 Year Longitudinal Study.
POSITIONS MAY INCLUDE:
- Mission Support - Program Manager; Deputy Program Managers; Management Support Specialist; Administrative Assistant; Program Analysts; Business Operations Administrator; Data Analyst; Dissemination Specialist; Project Manager; Communications Manager; Communications Specialist; Social Media Specialist; Medical Writer/Editor; Digital Communication Specialist; Graphics Developer; Junior Communications Specialist.
- Clinical Affairs - Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) SME Physician; TBI SME Midlevel Provider; Program Analyst; Health Data Manager; Senior Biostatistician; Health Data Analyst; Surveillance Analyst; Epidemiologist; Health Systems Specialist; Senior Surveillance Analyst Neuroscience Clinician; TBI SME Specialists (Acute Severe/Penetrating Injury/Emergency Medicine; Acute Concussion; Neurology; Neurosurgery; Primary Care; Behavioral Health; Neurophysiology; Neuro Ophthalmology; Audiology; Physiatrist; Physical Therapy; Occupational Therapy; Speech Language Pathology; Acupuncture; Art Therapy; Music Therapy; Case Mgmt./Social Work; Animal Assisted Therapy.
- Education - Education Network Coordinator; Regional Education Coordinator (REC); TBI Clinical Educators; Neuroscience Clinician; Educational Materials and Product Designer; Education Projects Coordinator; Program Analyst; Instructional Systems Specialist; Curriculum Developer; Project Manager; Partnership Lead; Social Media Lead; Media Relations Lead.
- Research - Senior Clinical Research Director (SCRD); Clinical Research Coordinator (CRC); Research Scientist; Research Assistant; TBI SME; Research Associate; Research Psychometrist; Research Portfolio Manager; Data Associate; Project Analyst; Epidemiologist; Network Research Coordinator; Senior Statistical Data Analyst; Senior Research Program Analyst; Junior Statistical Data Analyst; Research MRI Technician; Human Regulatory Protections Specialist; Health Services Researcher; Health Scientist; Research Nurse; Information Technology Systems Manager; Research Neuropsychologist; Senior Research Scientist; Research Neuropsychologist; Research Management Coordinator; Clinical Research Coordinator; Senior Clinical Research Associate; Research Data Coordinator; Research Assistant; Research Data Associate; Health Science Associate; Multi Center Project Manager; Health Scientist; Health Economist; Research Associate (IMAP); Biostatistician (IMAP); Associate Health Services Researcher; Biostatistician Bench; Database and Systems Analysts; SME Longitudal Research Consultants.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Years of experience vary by position. For associate level roles, at least 2-4 years' related experience is required. For analyst roles, at least 4-6 years' experience is required. For specialist roles, at least 6-8 years' experience is required. For management and subject matter expert roles, at least 10+ years of experience is required.
- May be required to travel.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated experience in DoD medical, traumatic brain injury, clinical, or medical environments is preferred.
- Degree requirements vary by position. At least a bachelor's degree is required for all positions.
- Some positions require one of the following licenses: MD; Nursing, Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant
- Some positions require certifications such as a Board certification; PMP; Security+, or BLS and Human Subjects Training
CITIZENSHIP AND CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must pass a National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI).
The Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) is a fast-growing government service provider. Employees enjoy competitive salaries. Eligible employees enjoy a 401K plan with company match; medical, dental, disability, and life insurance coverage; tuition reimbursement; paid time off; and 10 paid holidays. The Alaka`ina Foundation FOCs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of individuals with disabilities and veterans. We are proud to state that we do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. If you are a person with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process, please click to request accommodation. We E-Verify all employees.
The Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) is comprised of industry-recognized government service firms designated as Native Hawaiian Organization (NHO)-owned and 8(a) certified businesses. The Family of Companies (FOCs) includes Ke`aki Technologies, Laulima Government Solutions, Kupono Government Services, Kapili Services, Po`okela Solutions, Kikaha Solutions, LLC, and Pololei Solutions, LLC. Alaka`ina Foundation activities under the 501(c)3 principally benefit the youth of Hawaii through charitable efforts which includes providing innovative educational programs that combine leadership, science & technology, and environmental stewardship.
For additional information, please visit