The Rawlings Group, founded in 1977, is the premier leader in payment integrity services to the health insurance industry. Located in La Grange, KY, The Rawlings Group employs over 1,500 people and is growing. If you are looking for a great opportunity to make a positive impact on the future of healthcare, The Rawlings Group needs to be your career choice.
Position responsibilities include;
As an Associate General Counsel, you will provide legal assistance to client inquiries in a manner that will enhance the relationship of The Rawlings Company with its clients, regarding issues that could impact The Rawlings Company Subrogation Operations.
- Identify relevant legal issues that could impact Subrogation Operations and advise the General Counsel as appropriate so that informed decisions can be made.
- Provide timely and appropriate legal review and advice to assigned subrogation recovery team(s). This may include communicating with parties outside of The Rawlings Company to assist in recovery efforts.
- Ensure that suits and legal matters that could adversely impact clients and The Rawlings Company are handled appropriately.
- Monitor litigation involving The Rawlings Company or its clients.
- Provide appropriate training in relevant legal issues to both new hires and current analysts.
- Monitor and report to the Assistant Vice President Subrogation-Legal on continuing basis information regarding new court decisions, statutes, regulations or proposed laws.
- Communicate as needed and appropriate to subrogation analyst’s information regarding new court decisions, statutes, and regulations with instruction as to the effects on file handling.
- Handle an inventory of subrogation recovery files from opening to conclusion.
- Make court appearances in Kentucky as needed on files in litigation
- Perform and complete research to update The Rawlings & Associates National Subrogation Law Manual.
Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Excellent negotiation and legal research skills.
|A license to practice law in the Commonwealth of Kentucky or California.
A minimum of 3-5 years experience in the field of personal injury litigation (or a related field).
|A law degree from an ABA-accredited law school.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Veteran Friendly Employer