Currently hiring for Part-Time or Full-Time 2nd Shift, every other weekend required.
SUMMARY: The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) is responsible for providing resident care and support in all activities of daily living and ensures the health, welfare and safety of all residents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide assistance with serving meals and feeding; providing fresh water and nourishment between meals.
- Provide assistance in personal hygiene by giving bedpans, urinals, baths, shampoos, and shaves; assisting with travel to the bathroom; helping with showers and baths.
- Provide assistance in ambulating, turning, and positioning residents.
- Maintain resident stability by checking vital signs and weight; recording intake and output information.
- Provide for resident comfort by utilizing resources and materials; answering call lights and requests; reporting observations of the residents to the nursing supervisor.
- Document actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
- Protect privacy and dignity by keeping patient information confidential; comply with HIPAA guidelines and related laws.
- Adhere to professional standards, company policies and procedures, and all federal, state, and local requirements, including JCAHO standards, when applicable.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; participating in professional organizations; and maintaining licensure.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Current certification as a Certified Nursing Assistant in accordance with the laws of the state of practice.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Long term care experience preferred.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Required to sit, stand, bend and walk regularly; lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Visual and auditory ability sufficient for written and verbal communication.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.