is a hands-on training program designed to give you a well-rounded experience. You will work alongside passionate mentors solving real-world construction industry challenges in Construction Project Management, Engineering, Estimating or Safety. Pay rate is $24/hr.
Your internship, at Rosendin, can be the perfect opportunity to expand your knowledge outside of the classroom and apply the concepts and theories of your major field of study. The hands-on real-world experiences that you encounter during our internship program enable you to develop your potential and make key contacts for future networking. Use your internship to determine your interest level in certain career fields, get feedback from professionals regarding your strengths and weaknesses, and to further your education and expand your resume.
In mid-June, we invite all of our Interns, from across the country, to spend a week at Rosendin's Corporate Headquarters, in San Jose, CA for a full week of training. Subject matter includes Construction Project Management, Estimating, Engineering, Safety, and more. We will visit live job sites and have team building events to make this a very valuable part of your overall internship experience.
Highlights of Roles and Responsibilities, for the Project Management Internships are as follows:
* Perform basic takeoff for change orders - This helps the intern understand the plans, specs and overall project requirements
* Aid in administering company processes (RFIs, submittals, BOMs, PCOs, Closeout etc.) - This exposes the intern to how a high caliber Electrical Contractor runs and manages projects
* Help maintain project folders and files - This helps the intern understand how to find and store info in our file folders
* Participate in Productivity and T&M tracking, Progress Tracking, and weekly team meetings including safety meetings - This gets the intern out in the field where they observe and learn how the work gets installed
* Attend Customer meetings and take notes - This helps the intern see how we interact with our customers and teaches the purpose and value or documenting, compiling and publishing the meeting minutes of that interaction
Must be enrolled in courses for Fall 2020, and have completed coursework in Construction Management, Engineering, Occupational Health, or related field, or have equivalent work experience. The ideal candidate is a person that exemplifies that they are able to work in a team environment, and are driven, reliable, honest, accountable, organized, customer focused and detail oriented.
Rosendin is the largest privately held electrical contractor, in the nation, with annual revenue surpassing $2 billion. Rosendin's experience in the industry sectors is well rounded and includes Data Centers, Education, Healthcare, Institutional, Renewable Energy, Transportation, Commercial, Entertainment, Telecom, Heavy Industrial, and Design-Build.
100% employee owned, Rosendin is headquartered in San Jose, CA, and has branch offices in San Francisco, Sacramento and Orange County, CA, Tempe, AZ, Hillsboro, OR, Las Vegas, NV, Honolulu, HI, and in the Washington DC, Baltimore, MD, and Charlotte, NC metro markets. We also have multiple branch locations in Texas. Founded in 1919, Rosendin has close to 7,400 employees worldwide.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Rosendin is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status