This position is at our corporate headquarters and the individual reports to the Senior Corporate Accounting Manager. He or she works within the Corporate Finance and Accounting Group and may also work with management out in the field. The position requires knowledge of both Finance and Accounting principles, proficiency with Microsoft Excel, and ability to understand and utilize a financial system.
Essential Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Reconcile accounts to ensure complete and accurate account balances.
- Assist Senior Accountants and A/P during month end closing to help meet stringent reporting deadlines
- Assist in other special projects and perform job duties, as directed by management.
- Assist with mapping of foreign operations trial balances.
- Assist with Accounts Payable system cleanup.
- Effectively manage tasks and tight deadlines independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to interact and be a team player with all levels of employees and senior management.
- Superior quantitative skills.
- Excellent computer skills with the ability to learn new systems quickly and proficiently.
- Highly motivated individual with a strong desire to learn
Educational & Experience Minimum Requirements
- Strong accounting foundation and solid knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and procedures.
- Attending college and majoring in accounting, or related field.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The following physical requirements are commonly performed in this job. There are times, on occasion, when the employee may be asked or expected to perform duties with physical requirements that are different from those listed here. It is the employee’s duty to notify the management of any physical limitations or inability to perform a certain task.
- Regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
Travel is not required.
This description is based upon management’s assessment of the requirements and functions of the job as of the date this description was prepared or revised. It is a general guideline for managers and colleagues. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Management reserves the right on a temporary or indefinite basis to modify as necessary to meet changing business conditions.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)