You have chosen to apply for a Production Machine Operator position at our Crestline, OH facility. If this is not the location or position you are interested in, please click the back button in your web browser to choose a different location and/or position.
Job Summary: The operator is responsible for the application of proper controls to the process, the safe and efficient use of all equipment needed to bend and strengthening glass to conform to the customer's requirements and continuous monitoring of product, process, and equipment parameters. The operator also reports/logs daily production information related to downtime, rejects and performance. The operator works as a member of a production crew and will train new operators as needed.
Work Schedule: 12-hour, two week, rotating shift assignment. Overtime may be required.
Education / Experience: A high school education, G.E.D, or related training/comparable work experience. Minimum of 2 years machine operating in a manufacturing setting experience required. A basic understanding of glass handling techniques, glass quality specifications, and fundamental techniques of quality control and knowledge of tempering technology is preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS, SAFETY and WORK ENVIRONMENT:
1. Performs duties within normal manufacturing environmental conditions.
2. Must be able to push/pull, grip to use hand tools, reach, see, hear and speak.
3. Must be able to work in varying temperatures including warm conditions.
4. Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 pounds.
5. Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
6. Associate must follow posted safety and security procedures at all times while in the building.
7. Must follow all PPE requirements.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability