Wouldn't you like to work for a company where security in the workforce has always been #1 with no layoffs or downsizing. We have a fabulous campus sitting on 90 beautiful acres in the Oldham County Reserve Park. Ask any of the almost 1600 employees why Rawlings should be your next employer of choice!
Under the direction of the Application Development Manager's the Software Developer will design and develop application programs to provide business solutions for The Rawlings Group.
The Rawlings Group is a fast-paced, innovative, technology-driven company that is ranked as the premier leader in the work we do. Located in La Grange, Kentucky, we provide solutions to healthcare plans in multiple markets throughout the United States and assist clients in lowering healthcare cost utilizing advanced technology, customized solutions, and personalized service.
With almost 1600 employees and the 23rd largest employer in Metro Louisville, The Rawlings Group has an unbeaten record of recovering more money for more health plans than any other vendor! If you enjoy working with state-of-the-art technology, then The Rawlings Group is for you! Do you have a knack for building applications that directly impact an organization? Are you a wizard with C#, .Net and Angular JS then The Rawlings Group is looking for you!!!
All applications are proprietary and are used in-house only. Candidates should be uniquely skilled and have the ability to think outside the box. We are looking for Senior Level Software Developers who are passionate about joining a company with a strong and visible impact in helping to control healthcare costs. You will be designing, coding, and testing software programs with a mix of both new development and maintenance. You'll also be part of a company initiative to completely transform their IT Department to be on the cutting edge in technology.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
You'll be responsible for:
- Work with customers, manager and other Software Developers to understand requirements for simple-to-complex business systems required by group
- Work with other IT staff to develop technical specifications based upon functions specs as created
- Develop or participate in development of systems using .Net architecture with Visual Studio in C#
- Follow typical systems development life cycle processes in executing software development projects
- Analyze and perform modifications to systems as requested by manager or customer through manager
- Analyze and assist in correction of problems which may occur in system operations
- The ability to work at our Facility and maintain our regular work schedule of Monday through Friday, 8:00 am- 5:00 pm
- Researches, designs, defines, develops, tests, documents and implements new computer applications or changes to existing applications
- Installs software packages and/or personal computer software
- Assures that hardware and software operate efficiently
- Utilizes programming tools effectively to ensure accuracy and enhance productivity
- Consults and/or advises business unit associates by written and/or oral communication on inquiries concerning existing or proposed systems
- Participates in committee meetings on developmental projects, large-scale improvement projects and internal Information Services technical committees.
- May chair committees and/or subcommittees
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in the health insurance, legal, property casualty or related fields, which would provide the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the work
- Experience with the following database technologies in SQL
- AGILE principles/methodologies, SCRUM Framework
- Experience with the following development technologies: Angular, Unit Testing, nuGets, ASP.Net MVC, WCF, Linq, Team Foundation Server and SharePoint
- Experience in data mining techniques, mining software and understanding of statistical analysis
- Experience in healthcare IT (provider, insurer, third-party, claims processing, other healthcare) desirable but not mandatory
Equal Opportunity Employer
Veteran Friendly Employer