C3.ai, Inc. (NYSE:AI) is a leading provider of Enterprise AI software for accelerating digital transformation. The proven C3 AI Suite provides comprehensive services to build enterprise-scale AI applications more efficiently and cost-effectively than alternative approaches. The core of the C3 AI offering is an open, data-driven AI architecture that dramatically simplifies data science and application development. Learn more at:
We are looking for a seasoned and motivated Software Engineer to build the next generation AI platform, scaling to several petabyte level data volumes.
As a member of C3 AI's growing Platform team, you will be responsible for the entire software engineering lifecycle, e.g., design, document, build, test, maintain. As one of the core teams, this role is integral to the success of the company. A successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment and demonstrate an ability to execute precisely and quickly. The ideal candidate will have a passion for finding elegant solutions to complex problems.
- Design and develop various features in the next generation C3 AI PaaS AI suite.
- Design and develop data pipelines that can handle petabyte level data scale and more.
- Develop core fundamental distributed system components like distributed stream processing engine, distributed queueing, distributed batch processing, cluster management, etc.
- Design and develop abstraction over existing datastores & cloud infrastructure in an innovative way e.g., Key value stores like Cassandra / HBase, SQL stores like POSTGRES/ MySQL, file systems like s3 / azure blob store / HDSF, cloud infrastructure like AWS / Azure / GCP.
- Handle large data infrastructure platform and drive stability through automated monitoring, alerting, and actions.
- Work closely with software engineering & product management teams to gather requirements and deliver a top-quality product following the agile software development methodology.
- BS in Computer Science, or related technical field, or equivalent industry experience.
- 7+ years of relevant experience.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Systematic problem-solving approach coupled with a strong sense of ownership and independence.
- Strong understanding of Computer Science fundamentals (Algorithms, Data Structures).
- Experience with AWS / Azure / GCP Cloud Platform.
- Skilled in robust, highly available large-scale, distributed SaaS systems.
- Familiarity with Big Data systems like Apache Spark / Hadoop / Distributed Systems.
- Experience with security technologies (SSO, SAML, Okta etc.).
- Proactive work ethic - self starter.
- Experience with modern container orchestration systems: e.g., Kubernetes, Mesos, DC/OS, Swarm.
- Experience with building scalable and reliable data pipelines.
- Experience with integration of data from multiple data sources.
C3 AI provides excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package, which include:
- Generous equity plan.
- Salary range: $155,000 - $190,000 USD.
C3 AI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected characteristics, including disabled and veteran status.
C3 IoT is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected characteristics, including disabled and veteran status.