Are you inspired by "what's next"? So are we.
When you join the Albemarle team, you contribute to a better tomorrow. You will play a role in powering many of the world's largest and most critical industries, from energy and communications to transportation and electronics. We are putting innovation to work to improve people's lives and we want YOU to be a part of it.
Safely performs maintenance and repair of mechanical process equipment and piping systems. Carries out mechanical maintenance services of major complexity using diverse types of tools, machines, engines, and heavy rotating and stationary equipment
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Safe maintenance and repair of mechanical process equipment and piping systems
- Be accountable for your own safety as well as the safety of others
- Use of a wide variety of hand, portable, and stationary power tools
- Demonstrate good aptitude for safe work practices; understanding the operation of process units and process variables, basic maintenance and material handling skills.
- Demonstrate root cause analysis approach to failures and general repairs
- Understand and demonstrated safe work practices including the usage of PPE
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment while in operation
- General knowledge of safe and proper use of all hand, portable and stationary tools required to complete assigned duties
- General knowledge of centrifugal pumps and hydraulic systems
- Functional millwright skills (alignment, couplings, belts, pulleys, etc)
- Willing to work overtime and respond to call outs
- Able to work in confined spaces, high places and wear required PPE, when necessary
- Be able to lift 25-50 lb. frequently, 50-100 lbs occasionally with necessary assistance
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders frequently.
- Must be willing to serve on Emergency Response Teams
- Ability and willingness to work in a team environment
- Must be able to wear respiratory protection
- Work environment ranges from indoors to outside in varying degrees of heat and cold weather conditions
- Knowledge of computers / control systems
- Drawing and fabrication of piping systems (lined, screwed and welded)
- Good written and electronic communication skills
- Rigging or heavy left experience
- Experience with FRP, glass lined equipment and exotic metals
- Knowledge of general and heavy construction techniques (pipefitting, welding, steel work)
- Proactive approach to preventative maintenance
- Safe operation of mobile or heavy equipment (picker/manlift)
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Arkansas WAGE Industrial Certificate
- Associates Degree in Process Technology and Industrial Technology, or Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Technology (or technical related field) may be accepted in lieu of WAGE Industrial Certificate.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Choose to unlock your full POTENTIAL. Apply today.