DEA is currently looking for a Survey Technician to be part of our Mountain West survey team and work out of our Salt Lake City, UT office. The Survey Technician is responsible for performing technical work in survey control, boundary, topography, ALTA, right of way plans, and construction surveying services for public and private clients.
- Provide office survey support to the field crews.
- Responsible for record mapping, ALTA maps, parcel maps, and topographic surveys.
- Prepare maps, record research, and field crew prep.
- Work closely with Survey Manager and Project Surveyor.
- Perform research, design and calculations for survey and mapping projects using AutoCAD or Microstation products.
- Assist with boundary determinations and procedure analysis.
- Process field data including raw GPS and conventional data.
- Prepare legal descriptions, exhibits and plats. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Act as an Instrument Person on some field assignments.
- Minimum 2 years of survey field and/or office experience and general engineering plan reading skills.
- LiDAR scanning and processing experience
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are necessary
- Bachelor's or Associates degree in Geomatics or Surveying
- Experience with Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT) or other local agency deliverables
- Experience with Microstation InRoads and OpenRoads (ORD)
- Experience with Trimble Business Center
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance
- Health Savings and Lifestyle Spending Account with employer contribution
- Support for continuing education and training opportunities
- Paid Time Off (PTO)/Holiday Pay
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Holistic Wellbeing Program with a focus on physical, emotional, financial, career and community health
- Opportunity for growth with support and mentoring to help with professional goals
Survey Jobs with DEA:
DEA fosters a unique, collaborative work environment where specific expertise can be targeted for optimal client solutions. Our team is staffed and fully equipped to provide land surveying services for: geodetic and control surveys, boundary and right-of-way surveys, topographic and quantity surveys, construction staking, static and mobile 3D scanning and modeling, and hydrographic survey services. Our day to day surveying and geomatics services described above cover a wide geographic area and client base. The result of this leads to a varied workload and a variety of opportunities for growth.