Responsible for maintaining websites. Ensure sites are functioning properly and are available to users. Tests speed of access and improves upon loading speed.
- Maintain websites for clients and businesses.
- Ensure the web servers, hardware and software are operating accurately.
- Design websites.
- Generate and revise web pages.
- Examine and analyze site traffic.
- Configure web servers such as Apache.
- Serve as the server administrator.
- Regulate and manage access rights of different users on website.
- Create and modify appearance and setting of site.
- Lay out content on web pages.
- Deal with and respond to heavy volumes of email.
- Decide what kind of computer will hold a web site's information.
- Test websites to see if there are any parts that are difficult to use.
- Meet with designers to agree on site's design.
- Fix links that don't work and pictures that aren't appearing properly.
- Decide how site's content will be delivered to the Internet.
- Keep files small so sites load faster.
- Test different browsers and ensure people with different computers can access a website.