Responsible for directing an organization's budget, overseeing investment of funds, managing and limiting risks, supervising cash management activities, raising capital to support the firm's expansion, and handling mergers and acquisitions.
- Oversees financial planning, procurement, and investment of funds for an organization.
- Handles receipt, disbursement, banking, protection and custody of funds, securities, and financial instruments.
- Forecast for future financial decisions and positions.
- Advises management on investments and loans.
- Prepares and interprets financial reports.
- Oversee account collections and credit extensions.
- Develop policies for debt collections.
- Analyze all financial records to audit past actions.
- Oversee investment portfolio management.
- Recruit, train and manage team members.
- Maintain compliance with all Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) regulations if necessary.
- Preserves company assets and the investment of surplus funds or pension and trust funds.
- Govern overall credit policy.
- Arrange insurance coverage.
- Maintain positive banking relationships.
- Set short-term investment policies.
- Oversee the budgeting of costs and cost management done by the company.