Skin Care Specialist
Responsible for performing skin care treatments such as facials, microdermabrasion, exfoliation, and other procedures. Applies makeup after face has been cleansed.
- Perform skin treatments on clients.
- Prepare skin for facials.
- Cleanse skin and remove makeup.
- Perform consultation to determine most suitable procedure.
- Refer clients to dermatologists.
- Clean and sterilize equipment.
- Exfoliate skin and apply cleaners.
- Wipe off cleansers.
- Apply creams and sunblock.
- Exfoliate dead skin cells.
- Instruct client in makeup application techniques and tricks.
- Apply chemical peels.
- Remove skin tags or moles.
- Recommend skin care regimens.
- Use magnifying lamps to evaluate extent of sun damage or wrinkles.
- Squeeze pores and perform extractions.
- Remove blackheads and whiteheads.
- Apply wax to remove facial or body hair.
- Apply masks to face and let creams soak in.
- Provide preoperative and postoperative skin care.
- Give manicures and pedicures.
- Massage muscles, skin, and scalp.
- Apply lotions and perfumes.
- Pluck eyebrows.