Responsible for supervising promotions programs to incentivize the point-of-purchase. Combines advertising with promotional deals to entice consumers and clients to buy products.
- Work with marketing and sales departments to create promotions.
- Work alongside product development team to incorporate promotions after product is complete.
- Send promotions through direct mail, inserts in newspapers, Internet advertisements, in-store displays, product endorsements, or other special events.
- Develop and launch discounts, samples, gifts, rebates, coupons, sweepstakes, and contests.
- Determine length and timing of promotions.
- Market promotions to various businesses.
- Use social media sites such as LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook to promote discounts and coupons.
- Plan advertising campaigns.
- Measure ad effectiveness and optimize if needed.
- Coordinate staff members who create and deliver ads.
- Create, review, approve, and revise copy.
- Oversee media buying.
- Work with account executives to come up with ad campaigns.
- Select agencies to partner with.
- Approve agency plans.
- Work with sales staff to generate ideas for the campaign.
- Oversee creative staff.
- Prepare cost estimates for campaigns.
- Serve as liaisons between the firm requiring the advertising and an advertising or promotion agency that actually develops and places the ads.
- Oversee in-house accounts.
- Present campaigns during pitches.
- Approve changes to budget as needed.
- Cast actors for voiceovers and commercials.
- Preside over TV, radio, and film shoots.
- Identify potential markets.