Responsible for overseeing the operations and administrations at a school or educational institution. Manages school personnel, handles issues with parents, and responds to emergencies.
- Manage personnel, including hiring and training teachers.
- Read daily briefs regarding programs.
- Oversee fundraising initiatives.
- Stand in hallways and greet parents and teachers.
- Supervise and observe the staff in their roles with students on the campus to be sure standards are met.
- Conduct periodic evaluations.
- Handle complaints from parents.
- Oversee disciplinary procedures for students.
- Counsel students on a variety of issues.
- Manage budget guidelines passed down from state boards or districts.
- Decide how allocated funds are spent.
- Create and maintain reports regarding grades, attendance, supplies, curriculum, and performance data.
- Prepare and provide communication to parents and the community regarding the school.
- Act as liaison between district and school personnel.
- Interpret and implement mandates.
- Develop and implement policies, programs, curriculum activities, and budgets.
- Ensure that the school program is compatible with the legal, financial and organizational structure of the school system.
- Manage, direct, and maintain records on the materials, supplies and equipment necessary to carry out the daily school routine.
- Conceptualize the broad goals of the school and plans accordingly.
- Create procedures to handle emergency situations.