Responsible for assisting the pharmacist. Fills and dispenses prescriptions, takes payments, answers phones, stocks shelves, and files insurance claims.
- Receive and fill prescription requests.
- Answer phones and provide customer service.
- Refill prescriptions.
- Count tablets and label bottles.
- Pour liquids into bottles and seal.
- Process prescription requests by phone.
- Retrieve, count, pour, weigh, measure, and sometimes mix the medication.
- Select container for prescription.
- Establish and maintain patient profiles.
- Prepare insurance claim forms.
- Refer any questions regarding prescriptions, drug information, or health matters to a pharmacist.
- Prepare sterile solutions.
- Deliver medications to nurses and physicians.
- Receive prescriptions sent electronically from doctors' offices.
- Advise patients on drug interactions and possible side effects.
- Answer other patient inquiries.
- Explain pricing to patient.
- Advises patient on where to locate over-the-counter medication within the store.
- Purge prescriptions that have not been picked up.
- Order prescriptions when supplies are low.