Pharmaceutical Sales Representative
Responsible for visiting doctors' offices, hospitals, clinics, pharmacists, nursing homes, and other healthcare facilities with the goal of selling prescription drugs.
- Liaise with healthcare professionals in order to sell them prescription drugs.
- Work for drug companies to push a variety of different medications.
- Distribute information about their companies' products to physicians, hospital nurses, and medical technicians.
- Persuade doctors to prescribe the drug to patients.
- Deliver market research to healthcare professionals.
- Attempt to sell the newest products.
- Implement knowledge of disease and pharmacology.
- Answer questions about the drugs, their cost, and possible side effects.
- Know which drugs will be of interest to doctors in different specialties.
- Attempt to identify doctors who dispense the most prescriptions.
- Host speaker programs for doctors to come in and discuss healthcare issues.
- Discuss success stories surrounding the medication with doctors.
- Monitor prescription data to see who is prescribing your medication.
- Provide drug samples and literature.
- Take sales orders.
- Give presentations to doctors and staff.
- Work with a sales team to develop strategies to approach potential customers and garner sales.
- Cold-call doctors, pharmacists, and other medical staff to obtain appointment dates.
- Stay up to date with the latest clinical data and pass this information on to healthcare professionals at presentations.
- Keep informed about competitors' products.
- Constantly be finding new contacts within the healthcare field.
- Keep detailed records of all contacts, both potential and existing.
- Maintain a computer database to record all sales.
- Deliver sales reports to upper management and ensure quotas are met.