Responsible for supporting patent attorneys by performing various administrative duties and tasks.
- Draft all types of patent-related documents and forms, as well as varied correspondence, memos, and presentations.
- Design, implement, and manage an electronic filing system for patent-related documents with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- Oversee process to obtain contracts, including providing supporting documentation, discovery, witness interviews, and pleading efforts.
- Draft and file sequence listings, information disclosure statements, declarations, powers of attorney and assignment documents, as well as documents required for patent prosecution outside the United States.
- Review determinations from outside counsel.
- Manage patent attorney prosecution dockets.
- Assist with docketing duties.
- Manage prosecution files and attorney schedules.
- Coordinate meetings, conferences, and group events.
- Process invoices and expense reports, prepare purchase orders, maintain informational spreadsheets, generate reports, make travel arrangements, and prepare travel itineraries.
- Manage direct reports comprising patent attorneys, scientific advisors, paralegals and/or administrative staff.
- Examine patents, file histories, ongoing litigations and citizen's petitions.
- Provide legal advice to stakeholders.
- Draft and prosecute patent applications and secure patent rights.