Responsible for mixing and baking ingredients. Follows recipes to create pastries, breads, sweets, and other baked goods. Ensures baked goods conform to standards for grocery stores.
- Gather and measure ingredients to make baked goods.
- Measure out flour.
- Prepare batter and dough.
- Use scales and containers to measure ingredients.
- Prepare dough, fillings, and icings.
- Mix dough using paddles or machines.
- Pour batter or dough into pans, molds, or sheets.
- Place container in oven.
- Apply icing or glaze to baked goods.
- Monitor and adjust temperature on ovens.
- Check goods to ensure they are thoroughly baked.
- Use spatula to level off tops.
- Roll, cut, and shape dough to form rolls, crusts, tarts, and cookies.
- Decorate cakes, pies, and cupcakes.
- Follow and develop new recipes.
- Pour ingredients into mixing-machine bowl or steam kettle to mix or cook ingredients according to specific instructions.
- Check production schedules to determine output of baked goods.
- Use rolling pins to roll out dough and pie crusts.
- Mix ingredients by hand.
- Observe products as they bake.
- Sprinkle sugar or toppings onto baked goods.
- Use hands to mold and shape dough.
- Adjust drafts.
- Clean ovens and vats after use.
- Use cookie cutters to cut cookies.
- Pour fillings into pie shells.