Insurance Sales Representative
Responsible for selling insurance policies and other services, including mutual funds, annuities, and securities, and financial planning services.
- Sell insurance policies to potential clients.
- Help individuals, businesses, and families select the most appropriate policies for health, life, and properties.
- Offer property and casualty, life, health, disability, and long-term care insurance.
- Sell policies that protect individuals and businesses from financial loss resulting from automobile accidents, fire, theft, storms, and other events that can damage property.
- Pay beneficiaries when policyholders die.
- Sell annuities for retirement incomes.
- Offer health insurance policies that cover the costs of medical care and loss of income due to illness or injury.
- Advise clients on how to minimize risk.
- Advise clients on retirement planning, estate planning, and also provide assistance in setting up pension plans for businesses.
- Sell mutual funds and variable annuities.
- Seek out leads and new clients.
- Maintain reports and records of insurance policies.
- Match insurance policies for clients with the companies that offer the best rates and coverage.
- Obtain price quotes.
- Process applications.
- Utilize the Web to respond to quotes for insurance policies.
- Maintain regular contact with clients.
- Answer questions and make changes to existing policies.