Industrial Safety & Health Engineer
Responsible for inspecting work sites to determine safety hazards. Helps companies and workers minimize on-the-job risks and comply with safety laws.
- Identify and measure potential safety hazards in the workplace.
- Analyze risk of fires in buildings.
- Determine dangers of handling certain toxic chemicals.
- Recommend appropriate loss prevention methods.
- Assess probability of harm.
- Develop procedures and designs to reduce the risk of illness, injury, or damage.
- Ensure new products do not cause harm.
- Anticipate, evaluate, and react to hazardous conditions.
- Develop hazard control methods.
- Coordinate safety programs.
- Coordinate with outside organizations, such as OSHA or fire departments.
- Design and install safety devices.
- Investigate industrial accidents.
- Conduct air quality and water quality tests.
- Check radiation levels.
- Determine if noise levels are appropriate.
- Advise workers on the proper use of safety equipment and clothing.