Industrial Production Manager
Responsible for managing and directing production activities within an industrial facility or organization. Coordinates the production of goods, ensures machines are repaired and running smoothly, and manages workers on production line.
- Preside over the production of goods.
- Analyze and reduce costs.
- Order appropriate materials.
- Ensure products are created on time.
- Test machines for disrepair and malfunctions.
- Set and meet production goals.
- Purchase and calibrate machines.
- Hire, train, and supervise workers.
- Correct problems on production line.
- Maximize the production process to lower costs.
- Change production levels and staffing on different product lines to minimize inventory levels.
- Monitor product standards.
- Oversee one or more areas or an entire plant.
- Implement and oversee quality control programs.
- Implement training programs.
- Work with outside suppliers to increase quality of raw materials.
- Coordinate with different departments in the manufacturing plant.
- Work with the financial departments to come up with a budget and spending plan.
- Manage communication lines with managers, suppliers, and procurement departments.
- Keep abreast of new technology that can be used in the production process.
- Approve expenditures for supplies and materials.
- Develop production schedules and duty assignments.
- Ensure compliance with workplace safety programs.
- Cross-train worker teams for maximum production flexibility.