Financial Services Sales Agent
Responsible for selling a variety of financial services, including banking services, life insurance, retirement income, investments, and long-term care insurance. May sell retail and institutional mutual funds.
- Sell financial services to businesses and individuals.
- Recommend certain services such as life insurance, retirement income, investments, and long-term care insurance.
- Build relationships with clients and communities.
- Provide solutions for short and long-term financial goals.
- Help clients achieve financial security.
- Present products and services via a presentation or slideshow.
- Determine clients' financial needs and areas of improvement.
- Determine security risks.
- Develop prospects from current commercial customers, referral leads, and sales and trade meetings.
- Negotiate sales agreements and contracts.
- Take payments.
- Prepare forms or agreements.
- Sell trusts, investments, and check processing services.
- Determine future growth.
- Advise customers regarding expected fluctuations.
- Make presentations on financial services to groups in order to attract new clients.
- Use financial, tax, economics and accounting skills to review a client's personal data and recommend investment strategies that are appropriate to the client's goals.
- Advise a client on whether to buy certain types of stocks, bonds and mutual funds.
- Evaluate financial reporting systems, accounting and collection procedures, and investment activities, and make recommendations for changes to procedures, operating systems, budgets, and other financial control functions.
- Determine whether loans must be obtained to meet cash requirements or whether surplus cash can be invested.
- Solicit business, authorize loans, and direct the investment of funds, always adhering to Federal and State laws and regulations.